What's new

What's your charge rate?

About 2 hours for a full charge on my 4s using the iPad charger here too. I have several extra iPad chargers so it is all I ever use, including in the car.

I believe, in reality, that it takes about 4 hours to truly charge your phone though. There is a trickle charge that happens at the end.

Please see my post above (pasted below):

Using my iPhone charger, I also get about 1% per minute. Though it slows down as the battery reaches 100%, so I think 2 hours for a full charge is about right.

I have accounted for the trickle charge at the end of the charging cycle. 90% at about 1% per minute (90 minutes) and about half an hour for the other 10%. I went from 0% to 100% in about 2 hours, not 4.

Please see my post above (pasted below):

I have accounted for the trickle charge at the end of the charging cycle. 90% at about 1% per minute (90 minutes) and about half an hour for the other 10%. I went from 0% to 100% in about 2 hours, not 4.

I'm just going by the Battery Doctor app. It takes more than an hour just for the trickle charge. Unless we have someone who actually has a way to monitor, we are just guessing. Mine shows 100% before trickle charge starts.

choPppps said:
I'm just going by the Battery Doctor app. It takes more than an hour just for the trickle charge. Unless we have someone who actually has a way to monitor, we are just guessing. Mine shows 100% before trickle charge starts.

I have that app, its not bad although i dont really think it makes too big a difference. I am waiting for the jailbreak to install BatteryInfoLite or BatteryDetective

As for battery doctor, it is supposed to be at 100 before trickle.