What's new

Looking for Iphone 3Gs battery charge life specifications

dragon499

Reaction score
I am referring to an Iphone 3gs 32 Gig AT&T GSM model, jailbroken and with ios 5.01. It currently does not have a sim inserted.

I got the phone for free so I can't complain too much, but:

I am trying to figure out if I am spoiled by the Ipad2 Battery Charge life, and my Iphone 3gs's Battery Charge life is normal for the model, or if something is wrong with my unit.

I am not using the phone, as I can't figure out how to unlock it yet. See -http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-unlocking-69/cant-unload-baseband-0-5-16-05-ultrasn0w-32433/

This is today's story.

At 3:00 P.M., I unlocked it and connected it to wifi. It had a 100% charge from last night. I configured an email account and downloaded 1,000 messages from my inbox, another 1000 from my outbox. This process and playing around with it, could not have taken more than 30 minutes. A liberal estimate of unlocked time with no activity is another 15 minutes, as my lockout is set to 5 minutes. I don't have any notifications and set my email to only get messages when I open the mail app. The phone was idle until around 8:00 P.M. I logged into itunes and downloaded 21 songs, playing one of them, around an 8 minute song. I played around for another 5 minutes. My battery life is now down to 57%. Is this normal? Should I follow Ipad battery advice and let the charge run out before charging to 100% again.

I noticed worse drainage, when I was playing games. With this rate of drainage, I can see days where The charge will run out before the end of the day.

Something is clearly wrong with my phone - it lost 20% battery life, while locked overnight and wifi off, with all apps closed.