What's new

What's your charge rate?

Rocko

Reaction score
On my 4S, using the Apple 10W, 2.1amp charger I get about 1% per minute, so a full charge in 100 minutes. Is this what you are seeing?

I dunno dude, but a whole lot faster then my android!!!

Amen, amazed at how fast my 4S charges. Not as fast as dropping in a fully charged battery lol, but hasn't been too bad having to haul a cord around. Which brings me to my biggest gripe.......why not double the length of this charge cord from the factory. Seriously (I have asked Siri and she doesn't know), for what they charge for these phones it wouldn't kill them to double the length of the cord so you don't have to sit on top of the power outlet to use while charging.

You need a 6' cord? 3' is plenty for me.

Theres a reason its called IPAD adapter and not universal adapter :) the iphone one is 5w and the ipad one is 10W. Why not have a universal one for both then?

Because the iPad can be only charged with an iPad charger, the ipod/iphone can be charged with both. The ipod/iPhone charger are less expensive for them to make. It's not what the charger puts out, it's what the phones will use to charge it's battery, doesn't matter if it's 1amp, or 15amps. Apple would not condone this if it harmed the battery.

Rocko said:
Because the iPad can be only charged with an iPad charger, the ipod/iphone can be charged with both. The ipod/iPhone charger are less expensive for them to make. It's not what the charger puts out, it's what the phones will use to charge it's battery, doesn't matter if it's 1amp, or 15amps. Apple would not condone this if it harmed the battery.

Ipad charged fine with my iphone charger (resorted to it once).
Didnt say it ruins the battery but in the long run its better to charge with its own charger.

As for Apple, they dont really care that much for the user lol (dont kid yourself).

Yeah, it's just a matter of how electronics work. If you run a 20 watt light bulb off a 5 amp circuit at your home or 20 amp, doesn't matter. It will draw what it needs. Same with the 5w and 10w chargers. It's not going to overcharge your iphone as the phones electronics won't send the batt. more that it needs. Doesn't matter.

Rocko said:
Yeah, it's just a matter of how electronics work. If you run a 20 watt light bulb off a 5 amp circuit at your home or 20 amp, doesn't matter. It will draw what it needs. Same with the 5w and 10w chargers. It's not going to overcharge your iphone as the phones electronics won't send the batt. more that it needs. Doesn't matter.

True.

Using my iPhone charger, I also get about 1% per minute. Though it slows down as the battery reaches 100%, so I think 2 hours for a full charge is about right.

Rocko said:

The iPad can be charged with the iPhone charger, I know this because I have both and have charged my iPad with with my iPhone charger, it might take longer but it works

Sent from my iPhone 4S using iPF.net

The lower charge rate is actually better. The higher the rate the faster the charge but also the more heat that is created. Heat is hard on batteries. But people don't want to wait that long to charge up lol.