What's new

What the hell???

Russtopher

Reaction score
I was on my Facebook page and this popped up. Is it just random phishing? I was on my Apple SE phone when it appeared. What would have happened if I had clicked onto their fix it link?

Thanks

IMG_1494779552.410634.jpg

Quit Facebook straight away and clear your Safari history and website data. Do not click on anything.

Quit Facebook straight away and clear your Safari history and website data. Do not click on anything.

Thank you. That's exactly what I did. It just caught me by surprise. I've never seen that before. Aren't I phones somewhat immune to this crap?

Thanks

You're welcome. So far, no viruses have been able to survive IOS software, but you still need to guard against downloading malicious malware.

Notice they are directing you to Google Play. You cannot get apps for your iPhone from there.

100% scam

There's no way a browser can scan a device for viruses. In addition, the sand boxing that is a part of iOS means that anything in a browser would not have system wide access to an iPhone or any other iOS device.

I get these too, all the time. I noticed it mentioned Google Play and the website address so. I'm not worried about my Facebook though, I have two factor authentication turned on for like, everything possible. My Apple ID, Facebook, google, blizzard, steam, outlook...