What's new

Bring out an Iphone SE 2 - Smaller phones, not big Phablets like the XS, XM Max etc

sharpharp

Reaction score
Just want to start this thread to get some momentum going to get Apple to focus back on a new phone (SE 2). The current SE is perfect in my eyes. It is pocketable, practical and lightweight and ideal for those that don't sit glued to the screen watching Tim Cooks shirt/trouser combo videos on youtube all day.

The rumours were that Apple may launch it during the keynote jobby last week, but instead we got even larger screened phablets offerings like the XR, XS and XS MAX.

Don't Apple realise that not everyone wants to carry a brick around?

Very disappointed in Cook & Co, completely taking their eye of the ball and opting for larger phones so that they don't have to invest in making compact electronics.

The SE did very well when it went on sale, now they've pulled it from the website completely. Instead we have the 3 new Apple bricks which have had a luke warm response at best.

To fix the matter, I simply want Apple to bring out an IPhone SE 2 (same dimensions or thinner), ditch the physical home button and have it full screen edge to edge like the X. That way you have a bigger screen, same dimensions as SE and I can guarantee that Apple's fortunes will be restored.

Anyone else agree, or are you all Apple Brick converts?

Just want to start this thread to get some momentum going to get Apple to focus back on a new phone (SE 2). The current SE is perfect in my eyes. It is pocketable, practical and lightweight and ideal for those that don't sit glued to the screen watching Tim Cooks shirt/trouser combo videos on youtube all day.

The rumours were that Apple may launch it during the keynote jobby last week, but instead we got even larger screened phablets offerings like the XR, XS and XS MAX.

Don't Apple realise that not everyone wants to carry a brick around?

Very disappointed in Cook & Co, completely taking their eye of the ball and opting for larger phones so that they don't have to invest in making compact electronics.

The SE did very well when it went on sale, now they've pulled it from the website completely. Instead we have the 3 new Apple bricks which have had a luke warm response at best.

To fix the matter, I simply want Apple to bring out an IPhone SE 2 (same dimensions or thinner), ditch the physical home button and have it full screen edge to edge like the X. That way you have a bigger screen, same dimensions as SE and I can guarantee that Apple's fortunes will be restored.

Anyone else agree, or are you all Apple Brick converts?

Convert

I’ve started with an iPhone 6 Plus, own an iPhone X right now, and I like/need the size. Not a convert, just prefering larger iPhones.

Welcome to iPhone Forums, sharpharp!
I’m not sure your’re aware that this forum is not affiliated with Apple. If you want them to know about your preferences, you’ll have to send them feedback.
This is a forum with members around the globe, discussing iPhones, and trying to help with problems.

Last edited:
I’ve started with an iPhone 6 Plus, own an iPhone X right now, and I like/need the size. Not a convert, just prefering larger iPhones.

Welcome to iPhone Forums, sharpharp!
I’m not sure your’re aware that this forum is not affiliated with Apple. If you want them to know about your preferences, you’ll have to send them feedback.
This is a forum with members around the globe, discussing iPhones, and trying to help with problems.

Went from a 5S to a 7 Plus. Size is everything

Personally I think they would have to charge a huge huge premium on the SE2 to make a worth while profit, I’m all for options but that baby would need a premium price tag or focus groups would need to ID a need for millions and millions of sales.

You would have to look at the internals of the XS and the XR to see if they can fit into a (much) smaller package. Apple would probably have to do a complete redesign of the hardware to make it work and make it more costly to produce. The $$ to purchase might not be worth the hit in performance and function for too many to make it a profitable option.