What's new

Weather App

angeliq

Reaction score
I got iPhone 4s. Living in South Africa. Gauteng and in a town called Randfontein, 40 km from Johannesburg. My stock weather app shows temperature for Randfontein at 22 degrees celsius all day long. It does'nt change! Summer, winter, day night! no change! It's so frustrating! Where can we complain? It should be rectified by whom? Yahoo? Apple? I just need a place to complain. My wife and daughter got iPhone 5 and it's the same as mine. Or what weather app can I download to give the correct info?

If you see the change when manually accessing weather on Safari or on your computer, then it's most likely a software issue. Personally I never liked the stock weather app, is recommend Solar. The actual name has the o as a little degree sign, but searching Solar in the AppStore will work. You can slide up on the screen to change the time as well as the temperature to the minute rather than by the hour on the stock app

I got iPhone 4s. Living in South Africa. Gauteng and in a town called Randfontein, 40 km from Johannesburg. My stock weather app shows temperature for Randfontein at 22 degrees celsius all day long. It does'nt change! Summer, winter, day night! no change! It's so frustrating! Where can we complain? It should be rectified by whom? Yahoo? Apple? I just need a place to complain. My wife and daughter got iPhone 5 and it's the same as mine. Or what weather app can I download to give the correct info?
if you want a great weather app get MegaWeather,its really accurate,you get a 15 day forecast which is really useful,cant be beaten IMO.

You do understand that the stock weather app is not a "widget" don't you, and that the temp showing on your springboard is a static temp icon and not a working temp? Mine shows 73 degress F constant, but again...it's not a widget. Once you open the app, you have to change the settings to your local... but it will always show 22 celcius or 73 Fahrenheit on your springboard.

You do understand that the stock weather app is not a "widget" don't you, and that the temp showing on your springboard is a static temp icon and not a working temp? Mine shows 73 degress F constant, but again...it's not a widget. Once you open the app, you have to change the settings to your local... but it will always show 22 celcius or 73 Fahrenheit on your springboard.
My location is on. It is Randfontein Gauteng. I also added Johannesburg and Pretoria... and they change. But Randfontein (and all weather in vicinity like Toekomsrus, Krugersdorp, Roodepoort, Kagiso etc) stays on 22 degrees. I also check on my laptop on yahoo weather, and it's the same. I would say that the source is not updating in this areas. I downloaded the app Weather Live and according to my info it is getting its info from accuweather. The Johannesburg and Pretoria weather change, but it seems as if the update is only done every 6 hours or so on the stock app.

BTW, my icon also shows constantly 23degrees, but I know it's not the weather. If I open it however, my location is stuck on 22 degrees, while towns like Johannesburg and Pretoria change every now and then....

And I just downloaded the Yahoo weather app, and still the same - 22 degrees although it is winter here and Johannesburg shows 11 degrees......It's a problem with the updates from Yahoo's source.....