What's new

Weather app Yahoo and Stock

angeliq

Reaction score
I'm in South Africa, Gauteng Johannesburg, a town called Randfontein. Since a month ago my app is not picking up my current location (previously it did) and the Johannesburg update failed occasionally. Update failed is the message. Current location is not working. Where can I complain to Apple or Yahoo? I downloaded the Yahoo app but the same with my current location (can't find it) and Johannesburg update. Johannesburg is the biggest city here and well known. Any help please? I like the app, but it's giving me headaches....

I'm in South Africa, Gauteng Johannesburg, a town called Randfontein. Since a month ago my app is not picking up my current location (previously it did) and the Johannesburg update failed occasionally. Update failed is the message. Current location is not working. Where can I complain to Apple or Yahoo? I downloaded the Yahoo app but the same with my current location (can't find it) and Johannesburg update. Johannesburg is the biggest city here and well known. Any help please? I like the app, but it's giving me headaches....

Good question . I have no idea where to complain too. Try Weatherbug or Weather underground, those might work. I use weather bug.

Good question . I have no idea where to complain too. Try Weatherbug or Weather underground, those might work. I use weather bug.
I'm using Clear Weather, but it's ridiculous that the stock weather is not working for this location. And it was working a month or so ago. I hope with the new ios7 it will be rectified....

Thanks for that and I hope you get some answers! :)
Customer care sent me to the web page... and it is so difficult there....but I took screenshots and sent back to them (customer care)... it's really difficult to get some personal attention... and the main thing is, Apple is supporting the weather app!! And Johannesburg South Africa is one of the default time zones... and all locations, including mine, was working in the past....Thanks anyway. I will report back. Hope it will be rectified....

"Hello,

This is an automated message regarding your recent request for Yahoo! Customer Care support.

We have closed your incident as our staff has taken all appropriate actions or correspondence on this issue.

If you are experiencing any other issues, or need to provide us with more information, please go to the Yahoo! homepage
and contact us by clicking on the help link at the bottom of the page.

Thank you for choosing Yahoo!.

Sincerely,

Yahoo! Customer Care

**Please do not respond to this message as it will be unanswered" My response received from yahoo. I tried their help link ... what an effort to get NOTHING in the end. No joy. I tried to contact Apple, to complain... need to make payment... What in the world is going on? All I want is, that the weather app will work as previously and as supposed to work. AccuWeather is working... so... But I'm using iPhone 4s, iPad and my wife and daughter iPhone5, with the same problem...And now Yahoo is so "proud" of Apple telling them how smart their app is. But if you want to complain... nowhere! I can only let go of my frustration on this forum... lol. Sorry for that.

I can understand your frustration.

Maybe it'll get fixed in due time. For now, keep using a different weather app... I use the weather channel max. It displays a lot more info and sends me notifications in severe weather.

I can understand your frustration.

Maybe it'll get fixed in due time. For now, keep using a different weather app... I use the weather channel max. It displays a lot more info and sends me notifications in severe weather.
I think yahoo weather gets their info from The Weather Channel... cause same with my current location on it. Not available. At this stage I'm using accuweather, but solar and weatherlive are also working fine and pick up current location etc.. I do hope they will rectify. I also downloaded the yahoo weather app... very very nice, although same problem with current location. But accuweather is fine for the moment. Thanks again and enjoy the day....

I contacted The Weather Channel 10 minutes ago and got this answer. Yahoo got it's info from them. Let's hope something positive will happen.
Date: 15 June 2013 16:29:02 SAST
To:
Subject: Re: iPhone 4s local weather not found

Your comments are extremely important to us and we appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

I will forward your note to the appropriate product manager for review and consideration.

Thanks,

TWCi Customer Support Staff

Helpful? Click to give Jason M thanks!

On Jun 15,

Local weather not available on Randfontein, Gauteng, South Africa for a couple of weeks

Hi there , I had the same issue and here is how I solved it.

Go into the location services in settings menu under privacy and allow weather app to use location services. Then open your stock weather app and it will find your current location . Add any cities you want and after that you can turn off location services . Presto ;)

Hi there , I had the same issue and here is how I solved it.

Go into the location services in settings menu under privacy and allow weather app to use location services. Then open your stock weather app and it will find your current location . Add any cities you want and after that you can turn off location services . Presto ;)
Still not working. My local weather disappeared from the list.. It Was there previously. But it's ok. Maybe it will be rectified in due course. Waiting anxiously for IOS7.