What's new

Water damaged

BillbowBag

Reaction score
Hey so i've been online looking up some ways to fix an iphone that has been water damaged. I'm not really certain what I did but i woke up and my iphone wouldn't turn on. I tried to turn it on multiple times but the screen remained blank, I was wondering if its possible to fix the phone even if you've tried to turn it on. It has said in numerous other places that once you turn it on you shortcircuit the phone, so if this is the case i don't even want to bother trying to fix it with rice

Turn off put phone in rice and seal container? Make sure it is fully covered leave for a few days 3 at least. Then plug in charger for 2 hours then perform reset Press home key and on off button at same time until apple logo comes up

Do not eat rice lol.

This works most of the time.

Bon appetite Colin

the phone isn't on, never was on i don't think. I tried turning it on and people said this kills the phone if there is water damage to it? Is this true?

In some cases yes how ever I recovered a iPhone that was dropped in water and now works fine and in addition we have had users in past 8 months also recover iPhones and iPods as well so worth a try.