What's new

Voice to text

Carriebeary

Reaction score
I recently came from a Samsung so I'm just getting used to this phone. One thing i miss is the voice to text. Does anyone know of an ap that will allow me to use voice to text in imessages? (I want to be able to speak into my phone and have it translate to text, not the other way around) thanks

I should have mentioned I'm using Swype. So when i tap the microphone it's a voice recording.

Thanks. I was researching a little and i think i am unable to do it because of swype. I guess Apple prohibits 3rd party aps from accessing the mic

You can go to the General Settings - Keyboard - and enable dictation.

Lol yep i tried that too. Guess i just have to wait for them to enable third party mic use.

Did you also look in the settings/privacy/microphone area and make sure that the app has access to the mic?? Or that the swype app is located there and can get access. Like you said, might not work due to third party app, but I didn't see it mentioned above, so thought it might be worth a look. Good luck. And good day.

I hadn't. So thanks. It's not listed there though so i think it's definitely Apple lockdown.

Here are pics of where I found the setting at for microphone access. If your app is compatible it will show in the access to microphone setting like the apps I have shown in my settings. It may not show as you have stated due to it being a third party app. Here are the pics. Hope you find a way to make it work.
IMG_0648.jpg
IMG_0645.jpg
IMG_0649.jpg

Hope this may help you find the microphone access area. Good luck and let us know how you faired. Good day.