What's new

Voice Dialing & Voice Text Messaging

dnarya03

Reaction score
Need some help. Has any one got any idea for the above apps for iPhone 4. I have seen some apps such as voice box, but what is required is I should be able to speak the phone number and then speak up the message for the text.

Any help shall truly be appreciated.

you can use the inbuilt voice command for voice dialing. as for voice texting, you can try out dragon see if it helps.

you can use the inbuilt voice command for voice dialing. as for voice texting, you can try out dragon see if it helps.
My problem is friend, that when sending an SMS I need, I should be able to speak the phone number and that number should appear in the 'To' field, once this done, then I should be able to speak the message that should be converted into the text.

I have seen apps that perform the 2nd part, but the problem is the first part, as phone numbers are at random and can not be stored in the contacts.

Please see this example:

I need to send a text message, that ' I am at TIM Hortons' to the number 416 568-3325; Now what I want is that I should be able to speak the phone number, 4165683325 through voice and it should get registered in the To Field of the SMS. Once this done, then I should be able to speak the message that 'I am at TIM Hortons' in the message field.

I hope I have explained enough.

Last edited:
My problem is friend, that when sending an SMS I need, I should be able to speak the phone number and that number should appear in the 'To' field, once this done, then I should be able to speak the message that should be converted into the text.

I have seen apps that perform the 2nd part, but the problem is the first part, as phone numbers are at random and can not be stored in the contacts.

Please see this example:

I need to send a text message, that ' I am at TIM Hortons' to the number 416 568-3325; Now what I want is that I should be able to speak the phone number, 4165683325 through voice and it should get registered in the To Field of the SMS. Once this done, then I should be able to speak the message that 'I am at TIM Hortons' in the message field.

I hope I have explained enough.

There is no such an app at the moment that I know.

bab2010 said:
There is no such an app at the moment that I know.

Thanks for the response. By the way, why would this be so hard for Apple/Mac to accommodate this.

Good question. But only Steve Jobs can answer your question my friend :)