What's new

Voice fading in and out in calls.

StarscreamF15

Reaction score
Hi, I have an iPhone 6 barely 5 months old. It works ok (though theres some weird glitch it has with texting in landscape mode but thats not why Im making this thread) but the past 4-5 days suddenly every call I make -- no matter how strong my phone signal is, my voice is fading in and out so bad the calls are impossible to complete most of the time. I almost always use the phone with speaker on when I make calls. This phone has had no abuse or anything funky done to it. I dont understand why this is suddenly happening or how to fix it. Anyone have any ideas whats going on and maybe what I can do to try and fix this?

Thanks.

Since the iPhone is still under warranty, the first thing you should do is take it in for a Genius Bar appointment at the nearest Apple Store, if possible. They'll be able to tell you what the problem is and how to correct it. If the iPhone requires repair it should be covered under the warranty.

Since the iPhone is still under warranty, the first thing you should do is take it in for a Genius Bar appointment at the nearest Apple Store, if possible. They'll be able to tell you what the problem is and how to correct it. If the iPhone requires repair it should be covered under the warranty.
Can you suggest an answer for us that aren't under warranty? I have had hardware components replaced inside, nothing has helped.

Can you suggest an answer for us that aren't under warranty? I have had hardware components replaced inside, nothing has helped.
Normally I'd still suggest that you take your iPhone to an Apple Store Genius Bar, but since you've replaced internal components, an Apple Store will no longer look at your iPhone. You'll have to take it to an independent repair shop for a diagnostic test. They should be able to tell you how much the repair will cost.