What's new

Videos after jailbreak

jockmcd

Reaction score
I removed videos from my iphone 4 and put them on my pc, now im not to sure if you cant get them back onto your iphone before jailbreaking but now that mine is jb how/can i get videos back to phone? Whats the easiest way if possible ? When i use itunes it keeps telling me itunes is no longer working correctly and shuts down itunes ? Please help .

Itunes... or if you use ssh you can upload it with a ftp client but itunes is easier

Reinstall your iTunes and use iTunes to sync your videos to your iPhone. You can also look for "diskAid" software and install it on your computer, then use it to locate camera roll folder and drag and drop your videos there.

If i reinstall itunes will i lose all my apps that are stored on there music library etc ?

If i reinstall itunes will i lose all my apps that are stored on there music library etc ?

Yes you will, but you just need to login your iTunes account and download them back, as for your musics, they are located in a separate folder like My Musics folder, unless you have purchased them via iTunes. But did you back up your iPhone files before? If yes you might also consider saving your backup files before reinstall iTunes.

Why do i need to reinstall it and how do i know what apps to download ill never remember the ones pn my comp or will it automatically downliad everything i had there ? Also no tunes from itunes all my own music but have spent ages renaming them all the way i want on my phone, suppose they are on my phone so no need to worry bout that ? Sorry mate im new to itunes , it does ask me to update itunes do you think that would work and will i lose apps just by updating ?

Yeah iTunes is troublesome, however all your purchased apps are in the update section in the app store app of your phone, you can easily know what are the apps you've downloaded for free or purchased, same to other purchased items, just go to My purchase on iTunes and you will see whatever you have purchased there. Now as for the musics you have spend ages to rename, I'm not sure but it you have renamed them from the source (original folder where they are located) then you will nit have to rename them anymore, just add them to iTunes an that's it.

Can i update itunes without losing all my data ?

Can i update itunes without losing all my data ?

Yeah you can update your iTunes without losing your data, but that's not the same case if your uninstall and reinstall your iTunes. So make sure you are updating, not reinstalling.