What's new

Upset with apple

colby.ellison.5

Reaction score
I have the I phone 5c had it two weeks and now I'll try and tap somewhere on the screen and it does something completely opposite. Tried calling apple and they put me on hold for a half hour to transfer me and put me on hold for another hour really upset me on how terrble the service is. If someone could help me that would really be appreciated since apple can't. Thanks

Moderator edited

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried resetting your iPhone? Go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Settings. You will not lose any data but you will have to re enter your password at sites that normally remember you. If this reset doesn't work, you probably have a defective touchscreen, which is covered under the basic warranty. If you live near enough to an Apple Store you can make a Genius Bar appointment to have a full diagnostic run. If the test verifies that the problem is hardware related, you'll be offered a warranty replacement on the spot. Because of this, do a full backup of your iPhone before taking it to the Apple Store. If you live too far away fron the nearest Apple Store you'll have to call the telephone technical support line again. Being put on hold for as long as you were doesn't happen all the time. You may have called at the busiest time of the day. Try calling earlier or later to see if that helps. Whenever I've called I've never had to wait longer than 10 minutes.

Once again, scifan has offered some excellent advice. I just wanted to add that my experience with Apple customer service has been terrific. No one else I normally deal with in customer service departments has been as good as Apple tech support. Unlike Apple support which is U.S. based, most customer service help these days is farmed out to places like Malaysia, and it is indeed horrible "support." A great example is eBay customer service. I have NEVER called eBay customer service where even the simplest request/question did not take at least thirty minutes. I have never called their customer service and did not have to hold at least twenty minutes before I reached a live person. I have often spent two hours at a time with them trying to get something resolved. I have often had to contact them back several times about the same problem, and each time I have spent two hours or more on the phone and was transferred to upwards of three different people. Ebay has unquestionably some of the worst customer support I have ever seen in my life, and few other customer service departments are much better. In contrast, Apple takes sterling care of its customers.

If you think Apple's customer service is poor, then all I can say is that you have no experience of various customer service departments! Good luck getting your phone taken care of.

I too have to endorse what excellent service i get from Apple support, The only time i have had a long wait was after Yosemite was released and a lot of people needed help, Other than that i really can't fault them.
I too have been at the end of some bad customer service from various companies so i know good support when i get it.

I know this is a simple question but have you checked Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> Zoom. If this is on it drives you batshit crazy thinking something awful has happened. How on earth do Apple call it "accessibility" when you have to use three fingers to use this feature on an iPhone!?

Does this only happen when you phone is plugged in? I ask because some accessories aren't supported and caused the same problems for me. Also make sure switch control is off in settings and accessibility.

I think she or he got it fixed.
Apple has been superb - not a problem!
HTC yikes lol
Not
The same but got w replacement,I find it so comforting that Apple
Stores are in the US