What's new

Upgraded to 6s

SickSquirrel

Reaction score
Today I upgraded from 4 to 6s. It's still charging. I need to move all programs, files, photos etc to the new one. I don't have iTunes on my Dell laptop but can easily get it.

Then what? How do I copy over everything I have? I'm not familiar with iTunes so am anxious about this.

Today I upgraded from 4 to 6s. It's still charging. I need to move all programs, files, photos etc to the new one. I don't have iTunes on my Dell laptop but can easily get it.

Then what? How do I copy over everything I have? I'm not familiar with iTunes so am anxious about this.
Once you have the latest version of iTunes on your laptop, backup your iPhone 4, then set up your new iPhone 6S from the backup you made. This will ensure everything on your iPhone 4 is transferred to the new iPhone 6S. How to back up your devices using iCloud or iTunes - Apple Support

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

Thanks. How do I back up? I try but it gives an error. Has for over a year. If I can't backup, then what? I set up the new phone as a new phone rather than the restore choices as i wanted to get into it. Is this a problem?

Tomorrow I plan to install iTunes on my laptop then try a backup and restore I'm thinking I can manually copy contacts, then freshly install three email programs. The contacts and old emails should transfer over as they are in my account, right? Then I can go app by app and see what I need to save