What's new

Updates!!!?

EWyatt

Reaction score
OK, I decided to update my iPhone 4 to iOS 7.1.. I've read that it could be problematic but decided to try anyway -- since I have an adorable Samsung Galaxy S4 as my main BFF. I closed out all running apps, followed update instructions to the letter, then go... The download (1.1 GB) went well, but the phone locked up at around 60% at the installation phase. I thought I had bricked it. So.... went to a Bing search and saw that many others had this problem, corrected by doing a hard reset, etc. It worked, and I saw my phone was indeed at iOS 7.1.2, but only after having to search out solutions.

This is unacceptable. Thanks Apple for the heart murmur. After the update, iTunes wanted a "pass-code" which I ignored somehow, and finally got the phone to working. Adios, Apple.

....getting off my soapbox...

While I understand your frustration, the iphone 4 is an older phone and at its "end of life". I'm not surprised that you had issues. As Apple generates phones with newer technology, IMHO they appear to be more amendable to updates and longetivity. The iPhone 4 was a "baby" in the world of Apple's smartphone technology! But that's just my two cents worth.

You're right, of course, and I knew going in that I could have a challenge. Anyhow, all's well now, I got this off my chest, and thanks for the words!