What's new

update problem

muelgrub

Reaction score
So I got this Apple watch as a gift and of course I couldn't set it up because my phone is jailbroken (iOS 9.+). I bit the bullet and decided to forego the jailbreak for now and just update to the latest iOS. That doesn't work either because I keep getting a message that the disc is full. I deleted lots of stuff off the phone and now I have 3.6 GB of space, but I still get the same message that it's full.
What gives?
How do I update?
thanks

Holy cow, that is true. I didn't think that was involved, but I guess you are right. I'll try that. Can I move my iTunes off my "C" drive to another drive? Not the library with my music, I mean the entire iTunes program.

Last edited:
Holy cow, that is true. I didn't think that was involved, but I guess you are right. I'll try that. Can I move my iTunes off my "C" drive to another drive? Not the library with my music, I mean the entire iTunes program.
It's possible. You do need enough space on your hard drive for the backup. My iTunes library is on an external hard drive but iTunes itself is on my main drive. It'd be easier to move the library to another drive.

It's possible. You do need enough space on your hard drive for the backup. My iTunes library is on an external hard drive but iTunes itself is on my main drive. It'd be easier to move the library to another drive.
Yes, I've already moved the library with all my music to a second drive, but would like to put the iTunes program on another drive. I'm just not sure that Apple lets you install it to any drive other that the "C" drive. Some programs don't give you the option of pick what drive you want to install to.

Yes, I've already moved the library with all my music to a second drive, but would like to put the iTunes program on another drive. I'm just not sure that Apple lets you install it to any drive other that the "C" drive. Some programs don't give you the option of pick what drive you want to install to.
The iTunes program by itself doesn't take up much room, is there any reason why you can't leave it where it is?

Exactly, move your content, the program itself is small. Also empty the Recycle Bin and consider moving stuff from pictures and documents to a different drive

The iTunes program by itself doesn't take up much room, is there any reason why you can't leave it where it is?
Well, I'm really low of "C" drive space. So anything I can off of there would help.

Well, I'm really low of "C" drive space. So anything I can off of there would help.
The iTunes program itself has to be on your main hard drive but any associated media files can be moved to an external drive. Are there other programs you can move off your C drive?

Not really that many programs I can delete from my "C" drive. I've taken lots off already.