What's new

Update Carrier Settings

jetman624

Reaction score
I haven't synced my phone and mac in a while and when I opened up iTunes it asked to update carrier settings. Does anyone know what this update is for? Is it going to screw with my jailbreak?

No, it's perfectly normal and does not mess with the jailbreak. Once in a while carriers will adjust some of their connection settings, but it's nothing to worry about.

f4780y said:
No, it's perfectly normal and does not mess with the jailbreak. Once in a while carriers will adjust some of their connection settings, but it's nothing to worry about.

+1...

Hopefully it will finally stop losing service in my house. My phone used to randomly lose service at my house and not get it back until I restarted the phone. It hasn't done it in a couple weeks, but hopefully this puts an end to it for good...

jetman624 said:
Hopefully it will finally stop losing service in my house. My phone used to randomly lose service at my house and not get it back until I restarted the phone. It hasn't done it in a couple weeks, but hopefully this puts an end to it for good...

I have terrible service at home. I have the network extender; however, it only works in my computer room, bedroom, and bathroom. Spotty coverage in my kitchen / living room. Never a dull moment.

Sent from my Verizon 64GB Black iPad2 using iPF.net