What's new

Ultra-thin iPhone case looks as if it was made by Apple itself

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
1ecff972be3d9920b80e33f0b6001cc5_large.jpg

The iPhone is one of the best looking smartphones available on the market today, but we can’t say the same about its accessories. Finding an aesthetically pleasing iPhone case is an extremely difficult job, even if we are bombarded with countless offers. Sadly, most of them, lack any insight into Apple’s values regarding design and are plainly tacky.

However, a new Kickstarter project has managed to amaze lovers of the iPhone. A team of two techies hailing from Florida has designed a simple and elegant iPhone case that might as well have come from Apple itself. The inventors are called Laster Mapp and Jeremy Foster and they have baptized their pro​​duct “AL13” – AL stands from Aluminum (if you remember your chemistry) while 13 represents the total weight (in grams) of the accessory.

The AL13 is available for your pleasure in five different colors: black, red, blue, gunmetal and silver and is compatible with the iPhone 5/4/4S. The most important factor is that the AL13 does not alter the overall look of the phone, like your average iPhone case might.

The two designers posted their project on December 28 and waited to collect the $20,000 they needed to start off their idea. And they didn’t have to wait long. In just 10 days they managed to collect the sum, but the project kept going until the 13th of February. When the campaign finally ended, the two Floridians had gathered a total of $86,250. The AL13 is now available for $79.

Source: Kickstarter

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on for the mother of Christ..... I've spent so much on cases already. Stop making me buy more!!!!!

lol I never buy any but have dropped mine a few times so am looking to get one.. either one that will act as a secondary battery or something I saw that has a front cover to protect against smudges as well

I'm far too clumsy not to have some sort of case on my phones,that one is really nice,I'm using a nice leather flip right now but I'm fancying a wrap.