What's new

Two annoying issues

oblivion204

Reaction score
1st Issue.

My brother is listed in my contacts showing only one telephone number which is correct. But when I choose to type a text message and search for my brothers details its shows three old numbers for him. I originally synced my contacts with a hotmail account but now Itunes 11 only shows a google account or windows. I need to delete the old numbers but for the life of trying I cannot find a solution

2nd Issue, Itunes 11. I plug in my phone, it pops up fine and syncs ok. If I click on anything else, say library or music, the phone tab disappears. I cannot see how to get back to the phone and the only way I have found to achieve this is to unplug and replug the phone in.

Why is itunes 11 such a ball ache and so not user friendly. Proper does my head in. Why apple wont let you just swipe to delete an old number is beyond me.

I may just write down on a piece of paper all the numbers I need, delete the phone and start again. All this syncing here and there has completely buggered up my contacts.

Hit alt, go to the View menu and click on Show Sidebar, and your view of iTunes will be closer to that of 10.7. While you are there, you can choose anything else you want to show each time you boot it. Me? I just switched the lot on, including the Windows menus. I know they're ugly, but whatever. That's how I use Windows programs.

Can't help with the old contacts showing up. I hear they drop out eventually, but how long eventually is, I have no idea.