What's new

Trouble finding network

Katrinashubby

Reaction score
Hi, Can anyone help me please.
My daughter, who's away at Uni, dropped her iphone 4S in water the other day, the phone has been dried out and she thought repaired.
The phone turns on, screen works, speaker works, apps work, but it will not find her O2 network, it searches, but can't find it.
Her Sim works fine in her friends phone.
Has anyone come across this problem?

Having killed my fair share of iPhones, I have to tell you it's gonna be the water.
These pages are full of stories if people who have changed this and that and this again and it still doesn't work.
Either take it into apple ( if it's stock with no jail break and apple parts ) pay £152 for an exchange or claim on insurance if you have it .
I'm on iPhone 4S no 5 :( so very much speaking from experience

Thanks for posting.
I have since found out the IMEI number does not appear when she taps in *#06#, so it is dead I'm afraid. I have told her to contact apple to see if anything can be done.
This weeks lesson, insure my daughters phone. Thanks again for your coments.

Thanks for posting. I have since found out the IMEI number does not appear when she taps in *#06#, so it is dead I'm afraid. I have told her to contact apple to see if anything can be done. This weeks lesson, insure my daughters phone. Thanks again for your coments.
Always keep a large bag of rice on hand. If the phone gets dropped in water, put it in a bag of rice and leave it there for at least 3 days. Do not try to turn it on. This has worked for many people.