What's new

Touch ID fading ... fading

Woesong

Reaction score
To begin, it worked perfectly almost every time. Then not so much. Then hardly ever.

I could renew the process by adding another fingerprint to the database. But it only went through the fading sequence. Now I'm out of fingerprint space at 5 and out of luck as it don't work no more.

Too bad, I reckon.

Settings > General > Touch ID > Edit
Delete the present fingerprints by tapping on the red circle with the dash in it, then on Delete. Now you can recreate them from scratch. I've experienced the same issue as you and this always solves the problem for a while. I chalk it up to changes in the seasons, differences in the dryness of my fingers, etc.

Edit: Also note that once you're in the edit mode you can tap in the name field and change it to whatever suits you. I use names like Left Thumb, Right Index, etc.

Last edited:
Settings > General > Touch ID > Edit Delete the present fingerprints by tapping on the red circle with the dash in it, then on Delete. Now you can recreate them from scratch. I've experienced the same issue as you and this always solves the problem for a while. I chalk it up to changes in the seasons, differences in the dryness of my fingers, etc. Edit: Also note that once you're in the edit mode you can tap in the name field and change it to whatever suits you. I use names like Left Thumb, Right Index, etc.

Great help! Now I'm all set again. Thanks much for stopping by!

The "fading fingerprint" hasn't happened to me yet, but this is good info if it does...THANKS