What's new

Too many emails!!!

agc2299

Reaction score
How do I stop so many updates from iPhone forum from being sent to me is there a way to turn it off in settings?

I cannot figure out how to do this myself.

I have configured my personal setting to NOT send me emails on anything iPhone forum related but about once a week I get like 30 emails at one time and I CANNOT stop them.

As soon as i pull down notification center and see iPhone forum emails I immediately open the Mail.app and delete all of them.

I am guessing there is something wrong with the web site because i still always receive *all* subscribed post via email even tho I have turned it off like 500 billion trillion gazillion times. No matter what the emails keep coming. please post back if you find a fix?

It sounds like you're experiencing something from the web site settings, I don't receive emails for anything from IPF. Perhaps log into the web site and check Settings > General Settings > Messaging & Notification. I see that the "Default Thread Subscription Mode" setting has a few options for email. Are those turned on in your settings?

The app gets its data from the IPF web server so it's likely that the app inherits some settings from the site.

ardchoille said:
It sounds like you're experiencing something from the web site settings, I don't receive emails for anything from IPF. Perhaps log into the web site and check Settings > General Settings > Messaging & Notification. I see that the "Default Thread Subscription Mode" setting has a few options for email. Are those turned on in your settings?

The app gets its data from the IPF web server so it's likely that the app inherits some settings from the site.

I am not talking about the iPhone forums application....I am talking about email notifications for subscribed threads. I turned *all* of them off and they still keep coming.

When you subscribe to a thread, either manually or automatically, it can be setup to not email, email on every post or email once a week.

Those setttings can be done thru the user control panel. BUT they can also be overriden at the time you join a thread. Odds are that is part of the issue. You may have old threads that still have the old setting. You should be able to look at the email title and then click on that thread and then use the "Threads Tool" menu at the top of the thread to change the setting.

When you subscribe to a thread, either manually or automatically, it can be setup to not email, email on every post or email once a week.

Those setttings can be done thru the user control panel. BUT they can also be overriden at the time you join a thread. Odds are that is part of the issue. You may have old threads that still have the old setting. You should be able to look at the email title and then click on that thread and then use the "Threads Tool" menu at the top of the thread to change the setting.
Thank you, that's what I was talking about but you phrased it better.

Okay..cool, cool...I'll have to give that a try.