What's new

Why Wont Thes Emails STOP!!!!!!!

zig9449

Reaction score
Hello.

I am very curious to know if I am the only person who alway receives emails on new post to threads I am subscribed to.....EVEN IF YOU DISABLE IT?

I know very well how to use this website and it's settings. I have checked a billion times. I have been a member of this forum long enough to know how to set my accounts settings. I didn't have this problem up until a few months ago...and IT WON'T STOP.

Email notifications are ALWAYS turned on...i turn it off....they turn back on again. I can't stop it.

I have disabled from my iPhone...from my laptop, my GF's laptop...the computers at the public library down the street from my apartment.

No matter how many times I disable it...when I get the 10-35 emails at one time...days after the post have already been updated....I then open my account check ALL settings,,....I choose to NOT get email notification for "new post"....AGAIN....

I have to do this all the time.

I pretty much gave up. When I get the 10-35 emails at one time, I just delete them all at once because they are from post that I already replied to.....4 days ago.

I open my account backup...sure enough..email notification for new post is magically enabled again. WTH!!!???

Am I seriously the only person with this problem?

I'm wondering if vBulletin was updated around the time you started receiving these email notifications again, a few months ago? Could be a bug in vBulletin. I seem to remember PoisonIvy having this same issue not long ago.

ardchoille said:
I'm wondering if vBulletin was updated around the time you started receiving these email notifications again, a few months ago? Could be a bug in vBulletin. I seem to remember PoisonIvy having this same issue not long ago.

Damn I thought it was just me signing up new and not setting everything. Have no trouble with the iPad forums.

Yes i still get the lot,maybe i have to now though being a moderator,im not sure but between the two forums i get loads,im forever deleting them lol.

The only thing we get emails for poisonivy is reported posts and whatever options you enable.
I don't get email notifications for any threads, unless I opt to.

I'll forward this to the forum tech support team and hopefully they'll be able to resolve the issue soon.

The only thing we get emails for poisonivy is reported posts and whatever options you enable.

I'll forward this to the forum tech support and hopefully they'll be able to resolve the issue soon.
Oh thanks thats great.

darkstar2007 said:

I'll forward this to the forum tech support team and hopefully they'll be able to resolve the issue soon.

Thanks darkstar. Appreciates!!!

When you subscribe to threads your subscriptions don't go away on those threads even if you change your default value. You have to go to Quick Links -> Subscribed Threads -- and then you'll see a list of all your subscribed threads (there can be pages of them) -- you can then select all the threads on the current page and use the drop down menu to change the subscription mode. Most likely you'll want to use "control panel only" -- on all of them. You'll have to do this yourself, I can't do it for you.

When you subscribe to threads your subscriptions don't go away on those threads even if you change your default value. You have to go to Quick Links -> Subscribed Threads -- and then you'll see a list of all your subscribed threads (there can be pages of them) -- you can then select all the threads on the current page and use the drop down menu to change the subscription mode. Most likely you'll want to use "control panel only" -- on all of them. You'll have to do this yourself, I can't do it for you.
trouble with that is you don't get the green ticks.

I was using the "text plus" app and for some reason I was getting notifications left & right. It was insane! I turned them all off & even left certain communities but I still kept getting the stupid notifications. Then one day it just magically stopped. I wish I knew what caused it.

bikela said:
I was using the "text plus" app and for some reason I was getting notifications left & right. It was insane! I turned them all off & even left certain communities but I still kept getting the stupid notifications. Then one day it just magically stopped. I wish I knew what caused it.

This is a little different. For me, push notification for the IPF.Net app don't work at all. I just cannot get them to work for nothing.

But that is not the problem. The problem is that no matter how many times I set this site to NOT send me email not. for new posts, it will alway re-enable again.