What's new

Three UK

Unleashed said:
not impressed with the low data allowance but most carriers have a low limit on data.

other then that I think it looks like a good deal

Thanks :) trying to get it unlocked by apple through the network but they charge £15 when I was on vodafone with my 3GS they unlocked it free of charge

Sent from my iPhone 4S using iPF.net

not impressed with the low data allowance but most carriers have a low limit on data.

other then that I think it looks like a good deal

Id been with orange for 16 years and when I asked to go unlimited with the iPhone as I was already unlimited on the phone I had. I got from orange we can offer you unlimited but it'll be £75 pm. I said I'm already on unlimited so just transfer they said I won't need unlimited 500mb is ample. I said check my usage now on the contract I'm on. They did and my usage was averaged at 2.2GB pm. Still they wouldn't allow it unless i paid £75 pm. I cancelled my contract there and then walked across the road to the three shop and gave me the one plan for £35. I use roughly 5.5GB per month now. ( has the sky go app and i use 3G to access it for sports and movies) hence the high usage. But hey it's unlimited! This is why I'd now never leave three. They really are a cut above the rest. Their customer service isn't the best. (India based) but hey everything has a downside. Not that I use customer service on a daily basis anyway.

iHolophyte

I bought my 4s from apple and stayed with my payg sim on 3mobile,i get a good deal when i top up,as for 3 as a network,customer service is very good,cant fault it,coverage not 100%,bit patchy but improving,suits me,i get a great signal at home when im not connected to my home bb.

Last edited:
I bought my 4s from apple and stayed with my payg sim on 3mobile,i get a good deal when i top up,as for 3 as a network,customer service is very good,cant fault it,coverage not 100%,bit patchy but improving,suits me,i get a great signal at home when im not connected to my home bb.

I find pay as you go deals to be very good now and some times just as good as contracts but its just hassle having to keep topping up if you dont get carried away with monthly bills or dont use it enough to make it worth getting a contract

I think the rolling one month contracts are the best of both worlds. No lengthy contracts and no need to top up. You usually get the same deals as contract customers if not better and for a smaller monthly fee...

I have been using three for a month or so now and its so much better then every one here made it out to be, when I say here I mean my friends in cambridge who said it was rubbish.. but the problem with 3 is that with out a 3G data connection or 2G it will not receive any signal so in areas of poor data you will get poor signal as well BUT saying that the 3G is better then o2 has been for me and a lot faster with true unlimited and a great pay as you go deal so I am staying with 3 for sure! :D

i agree,my free allowances are being cut from 90 days to 45 so that means i,ll have to top up more often but 3 still takes some beating.

You had 90 day allowances?! so your free data and calls..etc would last 90 days?! thats pretty damn good..! mine last 30 days lol

You had 90 day allowances?! so your free data and calls..etc would last 90 days?! thats pretty damn good..! mine last 30 days lol
yes it was great,i would top up online and get 600 texts,free 3 to 3 minutes and 150mb of internet for 90 days,i suppose they are feeling the pinch like many other UK businesses hence the cut to 45 days on march 13th,but its still good,my top up has no expiry so i get to use that when my free stuff has gone.

yes it was great,i would top up online and get 600 texts,free 3 to 3 minutes and 150mb of internet for 90 days,i suppose they are feeling the pinch like many other UK businesses hence the cut to 45 days on march 13th,but its still good,my top up has no expiry so i get to use that when my free stuff has gone.

yes it looks like it, the second uk carrier that offers true unlimited is no longer true since they will start punishing its more heavy users that use 30GB a month but 1mb or 1TB should be fine if its true unlimited and the day a carrier starts punishing users for using too much data its no longer true unlimited but a lot of other carriers are cutting back on allowances or increasing prices, vodafone is really good but they dont have much of any deals going on and are more expensive.

but 45 days is still good to use that up in, but 150mb data gets used up very quickly

yes it looks like it, the second uk carrier that offers true unlimited is no longer true since they will start punishing its more heavy users that use 30GB a month but 1mb or 1TB should be fine if its true unlimited and the day a carrier starts punishing users for using too much data its no longer true unlimited but a lot of other carriers are cutting back on allowances or increasing prices, vodafone is really good but they dont have much of any deals going on and are more expensive.

but 45 days is still good to use that up in, but 150mb data gets used up very quickly
yes it wouldn't last most people long but its usually ok for me for a few weeks,i just use my internet connection at home and don't connect a lot outside,its enough to check emails,quick look on Facebook,things like that,i think 3,s customer service is pretty good too,never had a problem with them in all the years iv been with 3.

yes it wouldn't last most people long but its usually ok for me for a few weeks,i just use my internet connection at home and don't connect a lot outside,its enough to check emails,quick look on Facebook,things like that,i think 3,s customer service is pretty good too,never had a problem with them in all the years iv been with 3.

yeah that is true wen your at home more and dont really need internet on the go often then thats good that 150mb is enough, I pay £15 for 3 thousand texts 300 minutes and all you can eat data but I use about 4GB only a month and at home I have a 100mbit virgin media connection and a sky 9mbit connection as a backup for when VM is down and that has been a lot lately lol but its free with a 2GB monthly allowance.

yeah that is true wen your at home more and dont really need internet on the go often then thats good that 150mb is enough, I pay £15 for 3 thousand texts 300 minutes and all you can eat data but I use about 4GB only a month and at home I have a 100mbit virgin media connection and a sky 9mbit connection as a backup for when VM is down and that has been a lot lately lol but its free with a 2GB monthly allowance.
thats really good,3 thousand texts a month lol? you would have to be texting in your sleep to use all those.