What's new

The New iPad 3 Retina Display VS. iPad 2 Display BATTLE!

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score

This video is a comparison of the iPad 3 2048x1536 Retina Display to the iPad 2 1024x768 Display. This iPad 3 has a pixel density of 264 ppi while the iPad 2 has a 132 ppi. Although it's somewhat hard to tell on video, hold one of these babies in your hand you can tell the difference. After seeing the iPhone Retina Display then switching to the iPad 2, it was hard to go back. Gave me less motivation to actually read on the iPad 2. Now we are all up to date with our tablets having one of the most crisp mobile displays currently possible. More iPad 3 videos and news in on its way, STAY TUNED!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know why people keep calling the new iPad the "iPad 3" and "iPad HD" ,maybe if you would so choose the "ipad 3rd Gen" could be used but "iPad 3" is NOT the name of this device. Look it up on Apple's website and documentations.

LOL... So PhilSynowiec goes out of his way to post a video for us and your complaint is him calling it iPad 3 instead of iPad (3rd Gen)?

You may want to reconsider clicking "Post Reply" next time.

DELETED

To distinguish which iPad they are talking about without having to type for characters than needed. Duh!!!

You again? Do you have an agenda against members of this forum? Do you behave the same on Mac Rumors forum? I would definitely ban you for 6 months if I could. Your lucky day.

I couldn't give less of a darn what any website says, it is the third iPad and I WILL call it the iPad 3.

I said from the off that it would be referred to as ipad3......thats what i will be calling it anyway,its easier.

Last edited:
iPad 3 for me as well... and I'm not trying to be he devils advocate here. "The iPad" is just silly. Thank you very much, Phil, for another amazing comparison video!!

iPad 3 for me as well... and I'm not trying to be he devils advocate here. "The iPad" is just silly. Thank you very much, Phil, for another amazing comparison video!!
I,ll second that.

IMO the name does not matter, iPad 3 may be easier for me and thanks for video, very nice.