What's new

iFixit Gets Hands On Look at iPad3 Retina Display

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score

The folks at iFixit are always doing interesting and disturbing things with the "guts" of our favorite tech devices. This time they were able to get their hands on the 9.7-inch display that is supposedly for the iPad 3, courtesy of MacRumors. Both parties were able to confirm, with a microscopic analysis, that the display offers twice the linear resolution and four times the total number of pixels as the iPad 2 screen! (2048x1536)

Sadly, they were not able to get the prototype screen working on an iPad 2 because the connectors are completely different. The above video is iFixit's peek at this screen. It is expected that Apple will introduce the iPad 3 during a media event on March 7.

Source: MacRumors

Last edited by a moderator:
If the iPad turns out to be as great as it seems it will for my annual gift to myself after tax refund next year will be well.....the iPad 3.

Then I will sell this iPad 1

Sent from my 64gb iPad

Everything she discussed ive already read about it plenty of different places but its good to have a video with some "confirmation" i suppose. In an unrelated note....that is one hot geek girl.