What's new

Sync contacts with MacBook Air

dave307

Reaction score
Hi just can't get my contacts that I have entered on my iPhone6 to show up on my MacBook Air 2017.
They show on my iPad exactly as they are on the iPhone.
Why not on MacBook. Did some googling followed some ideas but with no luck what would happen if I deleted all the contacts on my MacBook would they be still on my phone, S I can re enter whats on the phone int Mac contacts book.
Any ideas Please.
Many Thanks.
David

Something very strange is going on, when I open the contacts from the dock it looks nothing like the contacts on my iPhone or iPad.
But when I open icloud through another browser and open contacts they are exactly the same as iPhone and iPad.
Very strange?

What happens if you sign out and then sign back into iCloud through System Preferences?

Thanks If I do that. Will anything be lost Wont loose any info etc.
David.

When you sign out, you will get an option to keep your data on the device. Select this so as not to lose it.

Many thanks. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you been away for the weekend.
Thank You.
David.

Good evening to all.
I'm still having this issue with contacts.
When I enter a new contact into my iPhone yes it shows up in contact on phone and iPad.
But it don't show up in the contacts on the MacBook Air.
If I open safari then login to my iCloud account and select contacts there it will show the new entry. But not on the Contacts app thats on the dock.
Very annoying and very frustrating Any further help Please.
Thanks David.

Forgot to say that I followed all previous thoughts with no luck.
Maybe you can explain this Please
When I open contacts. Then Accounts.Box opens up with
iCloud
Exchange
Google
and a few others.
when I select iCloud the contacts box is checked
when I select the exchange contact box and uncheck contacts all contacts are gone nothing in the contacts.
Why are they in exchange when I thought all my contacts are in iCloud.
Is this correct or when I had this MacBook did I do something wrong in setting up the contacts.
Yes I have a gmail account and a outlook account as emails.
Does that shine any light on this mystery.
David.

Are you sure you have switched on Contacts under System Preferences - iCloud - Contacts ( needs to be toggled ON)?

Thanks for your reply. Answer is Yes.
If I enter a new name into contacts on iPhone how long should it take to show in contacts in my MacBook?.
David.

Almost immediately provided both devices are on the same WiFi connection.

Carol
Thanks for the reply.
Been spending some time looking into this.In between going to the school to meet my granddaughter,
I have come to a point.
When I open iCloud from safari and open Contacts yes when I enter a new contact there it goes directly to my iPhone.
But don't go from my iPhone to the iCloud contacts.
Does that make any sense to you I'm totally confused.

David pulling my hair out getting frustrated .:mad: