What's new

Sync contacts with MacBook Air

I think the problem you have, and you aren’t alone, is that Exchange Contacts don’t readily synch with iCloud. There are various ways to get the Contacts into iCloud manually. You will find these on line.

Many Thanks for your assistance very much appreciated .I will just have to keep an eye on the contacts on my iPhone and keep a backup, Maybe find an app on the App Store to backup my contacts to my pc.
Once again Thank You for your help and giving up your time to help.
David.:cool:

Many Thanks for your assistance very much appreciated .I will just have to keep an eye on the contacts on my iPhone and keep a backup, Maybe find an app on the App Store to backup my contacts to my pc.
Once again Thank You for your help and giving up your time to help.
David.:cool:

You’re very welcome.

Just as a matter of interest what part of our world are you.I'm in South Wales UK

Sorry to be a pain
Thinking if it could be the exchange causing an issue I was thinking of deleting it and just keep my gmail on the MacBook,As you know I can access outlook on line if need be.
Will let you know the outcome.
David.

Sorry to be a pain
Thinking if it could be the exchange causing an issue I was thinking of deleting it and just keep my gmail on the MacBook,As you know I can access outlook on line if need be.
Will let you know the outcome.
David.

I hope that works for you.

Good afternoon well did remove the outlook account re started the MacBook and and also restarted the iPhone.
would you believe it.

No Luck,
I can get from the iCloud contacts to the phone and can also edit the contact, But will not go from iPhone to iCloud contacts.
Very annoying.
Never mind its not the end of the world.just have to keep a close eye on the situation, Thought once of resetting the iPhone to new. Only a thought not sure that I will be sure on how to perform that.
Any way. Many thanks once again.
David. sorry to give you the sad news.

Good afternoon well did remove the outlook account re started the MacBook and and also restarted the iPhone.
would you believe it.

No Luck,
I can get from the iCloud contacts to the phone and can also edit the contact, But will not go from iPhone to iCloud contacts.
Very annoying.
Never mind its not the end of the world.just have to keep a close eye on the situation, Thought once of resetting the iPhone to new. Only a thought not sure that I will be sure on how to perform that.
Any way. Many thanks once again.
David. sorry to give you the sad news.

Hi Dave, That’s a pity. Thanks for letting me know. All the best, Caroline

Been on the phone for hours first was a girl from Portugal then a guy from Ireland.
The girls was good did a lot of checking but failed.The guy from Ireland said give it a couple of days to settle down.
about two and a half hours with nothing to show.Glad they were paying for the calls etc.
Don't know what to say about it.
David.

Been on the phone for hours first was a girl from Portugal then a guy from Ireland.
The girls was good did a lot of checking but failed.The guy from Ireland said give it a couple of days to settle down.
about two and a half hours with nothing to show.Glad they were paying for the calls etc.
Don't know what to say about it.
David.

That’s frustrating, but at least you tried, even if there is no answer. Caroline

There was one option was to reset the MacBook to its original as new and maybe do the same to the iPhone .
At least it's not nothing major. Can put up with a few missing contacts .
David.

There was one option was to reset the MacBook to its original as new and maybe do the same to the iPhone .
At least it's not nothing major. Can put up with a few missing contacts .
David.

If there are only a few, could you perhaps manually go to Contacts on the Mac and add them one by one? Caroline