What's new

Switching current theme?

applejacks

Reaction score
I spent sometime setting up my ExistenZ theme, and now I want to switch to another. If I do so ( not deleting it, just switch to another) will all the setting store/save the way I have it setup now when I reinstall it later?

I would like to know the answer to this too, I'm guessing it will save it since the settings were set with Ifile

Tapatalk'd from my iPhone 4s

Yes...disabling and enabling another theme will not reset any images in the theme you uses before.

What I do with themes that I have modified to my liking was save them to my computer.

SSH into device via USB(not wifi) with a tool like i-FunBox or iTools.

Navigate to var/stash/Themes.xxxxxx/ name of your theme.

Drag the theme's folder to you desktop.

Now your theme is saved to your computer with all modifications intact.

Should you have restore and re-jailbreak, just install WinterBoard, SSH back into var/stash/Themes.xxxxxx, and drop your theme folder back into WinterBoard.

I use iFile to zip up the theme folder and send it to Dropbox. That way I always have a copy and can download it back into iFile and unzip it anytime I need to.

ardchoille said:
I use iFile to zip up the theme folder and send it to Dropbox. That way I always have a copy and can download it back into iFile and unzip it anytime I need to.

That is even better.

Nice ;)

This isnt really a hi Jack, i dont think ???

Same question as above about switching a theme , except im not worried about saving the exact settings.

I just wanna know if we should undo a themes settings or just load the new theme and let it work ?

I have a theme now and want a different one, do i go in and undo all the old themes settings or just open a new theme and start playing with it ?