What's new

step by step backup

pandasouljah

Reaction score
Hey guys, My wife has an iPhone 4 that I jailbroke for her a while back, now I want to update to 5.0.1 using Redsnow. The only problem is my wife wants EVERYTHING backed up and I want to make sure I don't miss anything. Data, app store apps, cydia apps, ***Moderation Notice: Deleted Piracy Reference***, contacts, sms, the whole kit and kaboodle. I have googled but am just scared I'll miss something. Would someone be so kind as to guide me through how to do this thoroughly and put them back on after I update and jailbreak 5.0.1. Thanks in advance!
Moderation Notice​: This post has been edited by iPF staff in accordance with our Forum Rules, Rules #15.1 & 15.2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything that you've loaded via Cydia, other than your Pirated stuff that won't be discussed, can be backed up from a Cydia package called CyBkUp or CyBackUp... can't remember which it's called right off. And everything native to your iDevice can be backed up via iTunes. This will save all your contacts, sms, data and app store stuff for restore after the update.