What's new

Spire. Legal siri port ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well your gonna need money if you want to use Spire. Most people I have seen sell slots for $10/month so $40/year is a steal.

anymore details on how i get it ? id be willing to pay 40 a year for siri on my iphone 4. is it an app, or in cydia, how does it work ?

You download Spire from Cydia to install Siri, and then you pay someone for access to their proxy server and they will send you the proxy address to input into the Spire settings.

Seems people are having a hard time with this. I want to try it since I have a good buddy with a 4s but I think I will wait i'm sure it want be long before a dev comes up with a better way. Plus I know apple see's all the people who are willing to pay for siri so they may just make us ip4 users pay a 1 time fee.

Seems people are having a hard time with this. I want to try it since I have a good buddy with a 4s but I think I will wait i'm sure it want be long before a dev comes up with a better way. Plus I know apple see's all the people who are willing to pay for siri so they may just make us ip4 users pay a 1 time fee.

The only way to ever access the Siri servers will be to access them through a proxy loaded with 4S keys, there won't be a "better way" than that. Also Apple would never entertain the idea of charging users of old devices to use Siri, ever.

So is it more a hit and miss thing because for some people it works fine and others it doesn't. I'm talking about it crashing apps.

I asked apple and some high end guy there asked an apple lawyer and thy said that it was officially illegal, but they won't sue anyone on it unless it really 'goes out of hand'!

darweshs said:
I asked apple and some high end guy there asked an apple lawyer and thy said that it was officially illegal, but they won't sue anyone on it unless it really 'goes out of hand'!

Any other "insider" news you can give us? ::rolls eyes::

jjmartinez1982 said:
Any other "insider" news you can give us? ::rolls eyes::

Omg take a chill.

And that's not insider. Go to any apple store and ask them.

Not legal. Did you buy a Nuance license? You need one. Apple paid for your license on the 4S. Who did you pay? No one. Running unlicensed software. Not legal.

The guys who released their own code broke no laws. You guys running the code are the ones who are doing so.

thewitt said:
Not legal. Did you buy a Nuance license? You need one. Apple paid for your license on the 4S. Who did you pay? No one. Running unlicensed software. Not legal.

The guys who released their own code broke no laws. You guys running the code are the ones who are doing so.

I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.