What's new

Spire. Legal siri port ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwerner15

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about this Siri port and if it is legal. And if it is safe?

Did you get it from the App Store or with a sync from iTunes? No? Then it's not legal, since this is how Apple releases legal to use software.

Yes, Spire is completely legal. For some unknown reason, Apple released the latest iPhone4S firmware with unencrypted keys so chpwn and rpetrich were able to develop a package that downloads Siri directly from Apple instead of illegally distributing it online.

Of course you will still need access to a server with 4S keys to use it.

So if u can't get a 4s key u can not use it?

any help on this ? id love to run siri on my iph4.

It's purely and simply not legal. Correct me if i'm wrong, was that methods of getting an 4S key authorized by Apple or what so ever related to Apple? NO. So it's illegal.

Ok just checking because there r YouTube videos like crazy saying it is legal

Again, it is 100% legal(refer to my first post). chpwn and reptrich would NEVER release something that was not legal. But again, you are still going to need access to a server that has 4S auth keys, either by renting a slot on someone else's server or by making your own server and using your own 4S keys.

The YouTube video I watched had a list of server that u could use. If I entered one of these would it work. Or do I need a 4s key. Sorry idk what a 4s key is

I trust Jmills on this one, and I know for a fact myself it's legal. Like Jmills said, Chpwn would never release an illegal app.

It's just a bit of a pain finding out what your Sirikeys are on your 4S and Apple changes them every 24 hours.

More than likely we'll start seeing payed services for a spot on someones 4S server soon, but for now, this is the very best option for legally getting Siri to work on older iDevices.

The YouTube video I watched had a list of server that u could use. If I entered one of these would it work. Or do I need a 4s key. Sorry idk what a 4s key is

In theory they would work, but because the server has been made public I doubt they will work now. Each 4S key can only support about 10 devices or so, so once a server goes public they go down almost immediately. Unless you have access to a 4S you are likely going to have to pay for a server in order to use Spire.

Jmills87 said:
In theory they would work, but because the server has been made public I doubt they will work now. Each 4S key can only support about 10 devices or so, so once a server goes public they go down almost immediately. Unless you have access to a 4S you are likely going to have to pay for a server in order to use Spire.

Exactly.
I've heard reports of 2-10 devices per server.

If I'm not mistaken, I think chpwn stated he'd post some good paid server sites on his blog once he was informed of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.