What's new

sms message deleting problem

shanksta83

Reaction score
My phone will lock up for a few seconds before getting texts. I think the problem is I get my twitter forwarded through sms messages to my phone so 500 or more text messages a day. I haven't ever deleted any so that at 500 a day for every day since July last year. I wanted to delete them but when I try to delete all my phone locks up the text part of my phone then eventually turns off and back on without deleting any. I am not going to delete them all one by one so does anyone have any clue how I can delete them. I was hoping somehow i could do it while my phone is plugged into my computer through a file system or something. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks!

So you have 120,000 messages in your phone?

I don't know the number but I am sure it is a lot. I usually get 50 or so from it when I am sleeping from like 12 am to 7 am and its way more than that during the day when people are actually awake.

Stop getting tweets SMS style to your phone. Why even do that? You have an iPhone. You can check twitter anytime you tap the app. When some one tweets you it pushes to your email. Texted twitter feed is for people who don't have smart phones. Id go crazy if everything in my twitter came in SMS style. No way.

Wow, and I got annoyed when I had email notifications turned on. lol...Im not sure if you can do that via your computer or itunes....You may just have to bite the bullet and start deleting one by one by thousands if it keeps freezing when you try to delete the entire group....