What's new

Siri isn't talking

sherita

Reaction score
Before, Siri would ask "What can I help you with?" when I held down the home button. Now I get nothing but silence. Siri still responds to my voice commands, and will talk to me after I say something, but not before. Help? I've tried restarting, resetting, and restoring, so far no joy. It's a 4s. Suggestions anyone?

Hold your Home button and when the Siri promt pops up at the bottom... use the volume up button. Chances are the volume for Siri is turned all the way down....

Hold your Home button and when the Siri promt pops up at the bottom... use the volume up button. Chances are the volume for Siri is turned all the way down....

Thanks for the idea. No joy tho, she's still not talking :(

All your Siri settings look like this?
tu8ubume.jpg

Yes, they do.

I should clarify. She will talk to me AFTER I tell her to do something, but when I first hold down the home button to activate Siri, all I get are two tones. She no longer says "how can I help you"

Other than the occasional (expected) glitch, for the most part, she works. Actually, much better than I expected. This is a minor annoyance, certainly nothing major. What's really weird.........sometimes she greets me, sometimes not. I'm betting on some sort of minor *something* in the program.

right now, I've got to go chase my ringtones down. Seems they didn't get loaded with the last update.

I think she only prompts you in the beginning if you are using a headset or bluetooth device...