What's new

Share everything plan

dengirl

Reaction score
We may be changing our current unlimited plan to the share everything plan and it don't really seem to bad. But to my question what is the mobile hotspot and how do you use it and what is a jetpacks?

dengirl said:
We may be changing our current unlimited plan to the share everything plan and it don't really seem to bad. But to my question what is the mobile hotspot and how do you use it and what is a jetpacks?

Mobile hotspot is sharing your phones internet with a tablet, pc etc. basically it turns your phone into a wireless or wired router. To use it you simply turn it on in the settings screen.

wingzfan61 said:
Mobile hotspot is sharing your phones internet with a tablet, pc etc. basically it turns your phone into a wireless or wired router. To use it you simply turn it on in the settings screen.

I use my phone at home basically through the wifi to save my data use. So then I couldn't use the mobile hot spot correct?

If your already using wifi you wouldn't want to use your phone as a hot spot. Hot spot turns your phone into a wifi connection point using your data plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silver, can you be a little more specific on the hot spot feature? I am home now and can only see my router but when I am away do I just click on other? Do I need to type anything else in from my laptop?

When you are home you connect both the phone and your laptop to your home wireless. Don't do anything out of the ordinary at home.

When you are away from home and want to use your laptop but don't have wireless, you turn on the mobile hotspot feature on your phone and connect your laptop to the phone. When you turn on the mobile hotspot there are options as to what password you want. On the laptop you'll connect to the hotspot labeled as your phone name, enter the password and you should be good to go. The phone will light up a status bar saying how many devices are connected. Once you are connected your laptop will be using cellular data from your phone.

Hope that clears some things up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes, I use my phone at home basically through the wifi to save my data use too, thanks for your sharingl.
12.jpg

yes, maybe like you said.