What's new

Settings always open when I turn my phone on.

Spyter

Reaction score
With the update to ios9,my settings is always open when I turn my phone on after its been powered down,even if I never opened it! Anyone else having this problem? Check your phone after its been powered off,then turned on. This is the worst update yet!

Haven't got that problem.
Try a Hard reset, Hold down your on/off and Home button until the apple appears.

The latest version is 9.0.2. It was released yesterday, and fixed some bugs. If your device isn't up to date, try updating it, and reset it as described above.

The latest version is 9.0.2. It was released yesterday, and fixed some bugs. If your device isn't up to date, try updating it, and reset it as described above.
Thanks. I didn't know that. I'll update and try. The hard reset didn't do the trick, Hopefully 9.0.2 helps.

Well I updated to ios 9.0.2 and settings is still open once I turn off my phone and turn it back on. I tried doing a hard reset after the update and that didn't help! I can't believe I'm the only one this is happening to!Getting really annoyed! This might be my last iphone!

Will I lose anything if I reset all settings?

Will I have to set up my bluetooth devices and wifi again?

Yes. You'll have to look at everything in the Settings app and select/set up what you had there before.

Ok,so I did the phone reset as suggested,and I just wanted to check back with an update. First let me just recap my problems after I updated to ios 9. My first problem was that my phone was no longer automatically turning on when it was powered off and taken off the charger. My second problem was that "settings" was always open when I turned my phone on even if I didn't leave it open. My 3rd problem that I didn't realize until today,was that when I hit my home button to bring up Siri,I know longer got the "beep beep".After the update,my settings no longer opens up on its own anymore(Which I'm VERY HAPPY about! It was driving me nuts! lol) But my phone still doesn't automatically turn on when taken off the charger and Siri still doesn't beep. I just wanted to say thank you for the help,and if you have any other suggestions for fixing the other 2 bugs,or if anyone else's phone is the same way,I'd love to hear it! Thanks again! Sorry for the long post!

Hi Spyter, Good to hear the reset helped in part at least.

Yes. Thank you. A pain to set bluetooth and wifi back up again. But very happy it worked! Thanks again!

I just found out how to turn the "beep beep" back on with Siri if anyone is interested. Settings >General >Accessibility >Vibrations. Toggle off Vibrations and you'll get the "beep beep" back! Now,if I can only get my phone to automatically turn on when taken off charger,I'd be happy! lol!