What's new

Screen not working.

late_nights1090

Reaction score
Hey guys,

just wondering if anyone can help me with this.

I accidentally got the top of my phone wet. i'm not sure how much water got it but it was definitely minimal.

When i realized it got wet, i didn't think that much of it, just shook whatever water was on it off thinking that nothing really got in, but 30 mins later the phone started malfunctioning, eventually the screen turned black.

I left it to die and stuck it in my dry cabinet but a week later took it out, turned it on only to find out that everything except the screen works.

The phone was getting notifications, the switch on the side that turns silent mode on and off works, i can power off the phone as well. So i'm concluding that i fried the screen, and not the digitizer.

So i'm wondering if there is any way to check if i fried something on the board itself as well? or do i just have to get a replacement screen and try it out?

You may have fried your phone. It may be too late to put it in a bag of rice. But you could try. You have nothing to lose. Put it in a bag of rice and leave it for 3 days. If it got wet and you turned it on, it may be a goner. But I'd try the rice anyway.

You may have fried your phone. It may be too late to put it in a bag of rice. But you could try. You have nothing to lose. Put it in a bag of rice and leave it for 3 days. If it got wet and you turned it on, it may be a goner. But I'd try the rice anyway.

The phone works.

It's just the screen that's currently not working. but i'm getting all my notifications and stuff. so i was wondering if i could have just fried the screen output?

The phone works.

It's just the screen that's currently not working. but i'm getting all my notifications and stuff. so i was wondering if i could have just fried the screen output?

HA!

I took the phone apart to look and stuck it back together and now the screen is working!!!!