What's new

Screen not responsive enough

verdomde

Reaction score
Hi, just moved to apple from android (at the moment regrettably…) and i am having problems with my phone not registering a lot of my touches, the only thing i can find online is info on 3d touch, but that doesnt apply to this phone… how do i change the sensitivity so it registers my touches every time?

An example being i most times have to tap multiple times on the folder of apps i want to open from my home page, but theres more (like the youtube app skip ad button)
thanks

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

If you use a screen protector, remove it and see whether or not your device is more responsive now. If it is, that‘s the reason for your issue.

Otherwise this could be software or hardware related.

If the screen is not reacting accordingly when you use certain apps, make sure these apps are up to date. Another solution would be to delete and reinstall the app(s).
Also keep your iPhone up to date. The latest software version for iPhone 13 models is iOS 17.0.3.

Force starting your iPhone might help as well: press and release the volume up button, do the same with the volume down button. Then press and hold the power button until the screen turns black, and an Apple logo appears. Your device will power up on it‘s own.

The last and ultimate solution for a software related problem would be to erase your iDevice and set it back to default. Don‘t forget to back it up before erasing it. To erase it, go to Settings - General - Transfer or Reset iPhone - Erase All Content and Settings.

If this doesn‘t help with your problem, take your device to the next Apple Store. They‘ll tell you what has to be done, if the issue exists because of a hardware related problem (damaged screen, loosened cables).

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the tips, i've no protector on it, and its not just in certain apps- I am trying the force restart and will see if that fixes anything, I'll get back to you, thank you. I'd really like to avoid a factory reset :/

Thanks for the tips, i've no protector on it, and its not just in certain apps- I am trying the force restart and will see if that fixes anything, I'll get back to you, thank you. I'd really like to avoid a factory reset :/
Oh, and the phone is up to date as well

Hi, just moved to apple from android (at the moment regrettably…) and i am having problems with my phone not registering a lot of my touches, the only thing i can find online is info on 3d touch, but that doesnt apply to this phone… how do i change the sensitivity so it registers my touches every time?

An example being i most times have to tap multiple times on the folder of apps i want to open from my home page, but theres more (like the youtube app skip ad button)
thanks
Is this a second hand iPhone? You may have a faulty device.