What's new

3D Touch too sensitive

Marie86

Reaction score
anyone had this problem? My phone has suddenly become super sensitive to 3D Touch. The slightest touch acts like the 3D Touch being used. Mainly causing problems with typing as each letter won't type it just goes into the mode where you can change where curser thing is so you have to keep tapping same letter til it types it. Same opening apps that use 3D Touch the menu thing comes up instead of going into the app tho if I tap it again it goes into the app. I found the 3D Touch sensitivity in menu but all 3 settings seem to have same sensitivity.

I have restarted my phone which seems to of helped but it's still more sensitive than it should be. Anyone else had this happen? If it carries on I mite just turn 3D Touch off.

You may find increasing the pressure needed to invoke 3D Touch might help. Just go to the Assistive Settings under General and scroll down to 3D Touch and set it at Firm.

I have tried that and it doesn't make any difference.

Have you tried going to Settings>General>Reset>Reset all Settings? This will not affect any data on your iPhone but will reset all settings to factory default.

My 6S Plus does the same thing. I've learned to use it by hovering over it to where I almost/just contact it to do anything. I've become quite adept at it, amazing what we can adapt to.