What's new

Random Camera Photo of the Day

It looks like my zucchini loves this place
image.jpeg

It's still too cold to put it outside.

Part of the equipment I'm going to use for watching (and taking pictures of) tomorrow's Mercury transit: my son's telescope. My DSLR will be mounted to it.
4aa50d819a4ef39ee447287000d4a4b3.jpg

This was taken in my backyard. The reason for my flowery meadow there at the moment: my lawn mower is broken beyond repair, the new one is ordered, and will arrive within a week, I hope.

Part of the equipment I'm going to use for watching (and taking pictures of) tomorrow's Mercury transit: my son's telescope. My DSLR will be mounted to it.
4aa50d819a4ef39ee447287000d4a4b3.jpg

This was taken in my backyard. The reason for my flowery meadow there at the moment: my lawn mower is broken beyond repair, the new one is ordered, and will arrive within a week, I hope.
Here's the Wikipedia article for those who may wish to observe the transit. Transit of Mercury - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

With camera and solar filter
image.jpeg

Solar filter
image.jpeg

It was a bit uncomfortable the first 90 minutes. I had to lie on the ground, or sit on the ground, to watch the transit and take photos.

If you want to take some interesting photos of the Sun that shows the granulation of the surface and the solar prominences, you can use a Hydrogen Alpha filter on the telescope. They're not cheap and can cost several hundred dollars, depending on the quality. H-alpha - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you want to take some interesting photos of the Sun that shows the granulation of the surface and the solar prominences, you can use a Hydrogen Alpha filter on the telescope. They're not cheap and can cost several hundred dollars, depending on the quality. H-alpha - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The images look interesting. I would need more than 1000 € for a cheap filter. That's way more than I can afford at the moment.

Last edited:
The images look interesting. I would need more than 1000 € for a cheap filter. That's way more than I can afford at the moment.

Yes and you still have to mow the lawn [emoji41]

My new lawn mower arrived today
image.jpeg

It's raining cats and dogs, and rain is predicted for tomorrow as well. It's not possible to use it yet (I'll unpack it tomorrow).

Wow you must have a big lawn or that is a lot of packing material [emoji38]

Gregory Isaacs r.i.p.

My latest acquisition a Netting/Bodkin case, Bought it just this morning, Carved in Canton circa 1850, Beautifully carved with Dragons, Blue Birds and Flowers, There's a beautiful Crane and Butterflies.
unnamed.jpg