What's new

Question about replacing screen

hinds90

Reaction score
Any Apple store techs on the forum or familiar wih the process of replacing the screen? I was told since the tech could see my phone was jail broken I would either need to update to the latest iOS software or take a new phone. His reason for telling me this is the calibration machine would brick the phone. I can understand that but what does the software have to do with changing the screen.

Either way I was planning on updating regardless tonight to 8.3 it's just seems like bs but hopefully someone more familiar with the process can set me straight.

Apple will not service a jailbroken device. You would have to remove the jailbreak before taking it in. Right now would be a good time, as the current iOS version has been jailbroken.
The bit about bricking the phone is BS, though.

Well luckily they still serviced it. I already have everything setup to update and jailbreak 8.3. I just figured they would power the phone down and replace the screen. In my mind I was thinking replacing the screen has nothing to do with the software but now I know lol.

First time ever taking a iPhone to the Apple Store for anything and I've had the 4 to 6+

Last edited:
Get 8.3 downloaded tonight. 8.4 is rumored to be coming tomorrow.

Get 8.3 downloaded tonight. 8.4 is rumored to be coming tomorrow.
I doubt it. I think the release date will be delayed by at least a week as Apple has yet to release the iOS 8.4 Gold Master to developers. They never publicly release a major iOS update without releasing a Gold Master about a week ahead of the public release.

IOS 8.4 now shows as available on my iPhone. Guess they didn't want any delay for Apple Music v

IOS 8.4 now shows as available on my iPhone. Guess they didn't want any delay for Apple Music v
There was no Gold master release prior to this update. I haven't seen that before. I'll be updating my iPad as soon as I get home.