What's new

Profiles app - now that I'm jailbroken?

AZsteelman said:
Ok Zig, what am I doing wrong? I have installed it and have the ringer (the slide) set to about mid level, vibrate off, and it's on silent - I tested, no email sound, so that's good. When I call the phone, no ring - not good. I went to Settings>change with buttons - off

Ya have to configure what the volume slider changes in Settings> NCSettings> Volume Changes.

in there I only see 3 options

Automatic
Audio/Video
Ringer

I've tried all 3 and the phone is silent still -

AZsteelman said:
in there I only see 3 options

Automatic
Audio/Video
Ringer

I've tried all 3 and the phone is silent still -

Not for me.

I have "Audio/Vidoe" selected.

I turn down the volume via the NCSettings widget....and I have n sound.

Make a phone call...my phone rings loud and clear.

I am not sure what your doing wrong...but it has to be something.

I can turn off all sound from my phone and still my phone rings loud and clear when a call comes in.

I think you just need to take the time to figure our exactly what everything does, and how it works.

The ringer toggles toggles... well....the phones "ringer" only.

Audio/Video toggles all sounds "except" the ringer.

"automatic" toggles whatever sound is currently playing I guess. Not quite sure how that one would work.

Not for me.

I have "Audio/Vidoe" selected.

I turn down the volume via the NCSettings widget....and I have n sound.

Make a phone call...my phone rings loud and clear.

I am not sure what your doing wrong...but it has to be something.

I can turn off all sound from my phone and still my phone rings loud and clear when a call comes in.

I think you just need to take the time to figure our exactly what everything does, and how it works.

The ringer toggles toggles... well....the phones "ringer" only.

Audio/Video toggles all sounds "except" the ringer.

"automatic" toggles whatever sound is currently playing I guess. Not quite sure how that one would work.

I tried it all the ways possible -

turned down the volume via the slide, with it off silent - phone rings, email sounds

turned down the volume via the slide, with it on silent - total silence

turned up the volume via the slide, with it on silent - total silence

NC Setting is set to Audio/Video

Sounds is set to "change with buttons" - OFF

I did a reset of all settings in NC Settings, and started from scratch. I did a respring and still not working as you describe -

oh well...unless anyone sees something I'm missing, I'm deleting this and waiting for SOMEONE to develop a true Profiles app/tweak. I still wouldn't have everything I really want anyway...still now way to set it to just alert me for TEXT only...

thanks for any further input...it's appreciated.

Randy

AZsteelman said:
I tried it all the ways possible -

turned down the volume via the slide, with it off silent - phone rings, email sounds

turned down the volume via the slide, with it on silent - total silence

turned up the volume via the slide, with it on silent - total silence

NC Setting is set to Audio/Video

Sounds is set to "change with buttons" - OFF

I did a reset of all settings in NC Settings, and started from scratch. I did a respring and still not working as you describe -

oh well...unless anyone sees something I'm missing, I'm deleting this and waiting for SOMEONE to develop a true Profiles app/tweak. I still wouldn't have everything I really want anyway...still now way to set it to just alert me for TEXT only...

thanks for any further input...it's appreciated.

Randy

You do realize that there is absolutely no way for the phone to make any sounds with the silent switch on. (yes that goes for the silent toggle in NCSettings as well).

All you have to do is turn the volume the whole way down. Doesn't matter how. With volume buttons, the NCS toggle with audio/video on, the volume slider in the app switcher.

It doesn't Matter. When you turn down the volume all sounds are off except unlock, lock, and ringer.

You do realize that there is absolutely no way for the phone to make any sounds with the silent switch on. (yes that goes for the silent toggle in NCSettings as well).

All you have to do is turn the volume the whole way down. Doesn't matter how. With volume buttons, the NCS toggle with audio/video on, the volume slider in the app switcher.

It doesn't Matter. When you turn down the volume all sounds are off except unlock, lock, and ringer.

Yeah, I know that, was just making a point with what I tried

For the record, I just turned the volume all the way down and it still sounds when I get an email. The phone rings, but really low - it may work on yours, but it's sure as heck not on mine...

oh well, I'll just wait for someone to do it right so I don't have to monkey with it and hopefully I'll get what I, as well as others, are looking for soon...

thanks,

What happened to Excalibur_1 post? It was there last night?

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/jailbreak-applications-tweaks-70/profiles-app-now-im-jailbroken-40535-post213608/#post213608http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/j...ow-im-jailbroken-40535-post213608/#post213608
Posted by: Excalibur_1
On: 06-05-2012 06:56 AM

---Quote (Originally by AZsteelman)---
Yeah, I know that, was just making a point with what I tried

For the record, I just turned the volume all the way down and it still sounds when I get an email. The phone rings, but really low - it may work on yours, but it's sure as heck not on mine...

oh well, I'll just wait for someone to do it right so I don't have to monkey with it and hopefully I'll get what I, as well as others, are looking for soon...

thanks,
---End Quote---
The exact same tweak, set the exact same way, on the exact same iOS version can't work two different ways for two different people.. So there's clearly a step you're missing, AZsteelman or a step zig9449 is not telling you. Only logical. Maybe I can try and be the tie breaker here and try it myself. The idea you're looking for is to have all sounds off (at the flip of a toggle, if possible) *except* the ringer. Right?

Long story short, he was banned due to being NewdestinyX/pianoman.

Looks like iOS 6 took care of our request with the "Do Not Disturb" feature. Nice.