What's new

Profiles app - now that I'm jailbroken?

AZsteelman

Reaction score
So I still miss the profiles from my Blackberry, and I'm betting there is something out here now that will work since I've made the jump. I'm amazed at how many tweaks I've already found and made this iPhone a thing of beauty in such a short time.

I want to be able to set it to like Phone only, Vibrate only, Normal, and Silent -

I'm trying Mobile Profiles in Demo, but it's hard to see if it will do what I want while in Demo. I think it will but I'd like some input from "the pros"...

I too have been trying to find an app that will mimic the "profiles" from BB. I had one in Android that I loved. However I have not found one that works with iOS 5.x yet. It looks like Auto Silent will do the trick but they are still working on upgrading it so that it will be compatible with the current iOS. Keep checking cydia, hopefully soon we will have one.

I tried finding something awhile back, but was not successful. I just want to be able to turn all my ringers/alerts off at night except for phone calls without having to go into each individual setting.

TBaGZ said:
I tried finding something awhile back, but was not successful. I just want to be able to turn all my ringers/alerts off at night except for phone calls without having to go into each individual setting.

Use NCSettings.

It has toggles in notification center for ringer, volume, and vibrate, and you can choose just how using the toggles effects the sound, ring, or vibrate.

This way all you have to do us pull down notification center and tap a few toggles.

Better then going into each individual setting.

Ok, thanks - I'll keep looking and hoping someone finally makes the right thing. iSchedule isn't what I was looking for, it just silences during things noted on the calendar, as do MANY others. I don't always have everything noted on the calendar. Phone ONLY is one I really want, because sometimes I just want it to shut the hell up and ring if I get a call. I just don't understand why it's so hard. I was able to go in yesterday and manually stop email from sounding with every one, but it was a pain to do, with too many steps.

Thanks zig9449, I'll give that one a try as well.

I installed ncsettings, but nothing shows up on my nc screen. I set the toggles I wanted and switched it on and off a couple times, but it still does not show up. Does it not show up if I have sbsetings there?

TBaGZ said:
I installed ncsettings, but nothing shows up on my nc screen. I set the toggles I wanted and switched it on and off a couple times, but it still does not show up. Does it not show up if I have sbsetings there?

Did you enable it to show in Settings> Notifications?

No, I did not. But I did now.

So how do I set it so it only rings or vibrates for a phone call? Seems like it is still an all or nothing.

What I am looking for is something that iwll let me hit one toggle and turn off all ringer/vibrate notifications for everything except a phone call.

Great question I want the same thing phone calls only at night like my old Blackberry 8830. this tweek seems like any all or nothing

TBaGZ said:

So how do I set it so it only rings or vibrates for a phone call? Seems like it is still an all or nothing.

What I am looking for is something that iwll let me hit one toggle and turn off all ringer/vibrate notifications for everything except a phone call.

For that go to:

Settings> Sounds> toggle "Change with Buttons" off.

Now install NCSettings. It puts ringer/vibrate/volume toggles in notification center.

So you can pull down notification center, turn sounds off, and the phone will still ring when a call comes in.

I do it a the time.

Tho all that is really needed is to toggle "Change with Buttons" off, and you can turn down the volume the whole way and the ringer will still work.

NCSettings just provides quick access to useful toggles from notification center..and isn't exactly necessary for what you want to do...but it's convenient to have such toggles in notification center. Beats opening the Settings.app and making 2 or 3 taps before doing what ya want.lol.

Last edited:

ischeduler is what you want....i turn off all notifications except phone with it every nite automatically...turns them all back on every morning.....

And that has to be at a set time... I'll give it a look.

ischeduler is what you want....i turn off all notifications except phone with it every nite automatically...turns them all back on every morning.....

thanks, but not what I'm looking for. I need to be able to do it during the day from time to time easily.

I'll try NCSettings and see how it works.

For that go to:

Settings> Sounds> toggle "Change with Buttons" off.

Now install NCSettings. It puts ringer/vibrate/volume toggles in notification center.

So you can pull down notification center, turn sounds off, and the phone will still ring when a call comes in.

I do it a the time.

Tho all that is really needed is to toggle "Change with Buttons" off, and you can turn down the volume the whole way and the ringer will still work.

NCSettings just provides quick access to useful toggles from notification center..and isn't exactly necessary for what you want to do...but it's convenient to have such toggles in notification center. Beats opening the Settings.app and making 2 or 3 taps before doing what ya want.lol.

Ok Zig, what am I doing wrong? I have installed it and have the ringer (the slide) set to about mid level, vibrate off, and it's on silent - I tested, no email sound, so that's good. When I call the phone, no ring - not good. I went to Settings>change with buttons - off