What's new

Problem With Baseband Change

APotato

Reaction score
Okay, just so you know I did look at all the other posts on all these other forums and websites, from ones with bad English, French and Spanish, messed up and disorganised layouts and ones with overly complicated procedures. My thumb is sore, my index finger locked and the skin raw from holding the home button down so long. I am tired of looking and following crap instructions, I just want someone that knows what they are doing to tell me what I am doing wrong and how to fix it.

For starters, my iPhone is a 3GS, has iOS 5.0.1, its base band is 05.16.02 and according to the serial code, it was made on the 27th week.

Yesterday, I jailbroke my iPhone, accessed Cydia and downloaded Ultrasn0w, only to later find out that Ultrasn0w does not support my baseband. So, after searching on countless sites and suffering the biggest migraine ever known to man, I found that I had to change my base band to an iPad baseband, so off I went and downloaded the IPSW file compatible for a iOS 5.0.1. After the long wait, I went back and started the whole jailbreak process again, I added the IPSW in extra, and started jailbreak. I ticked the 'Install Cydia' and 'Install iPad Baseband' boxes and answered the questions, but when it reaches 'fetching iPad baseband files (please be patient)' it shuts down, leaving my iPhone in DFU mode.

I tried jailbroking my iPhone to see if I could get it out of DFU as iTunes won't allow a restore. Now, redwsn0w is stuck on 'Exploiting with limera1n' and the plug into iTunes screen has shown up.

I'm tired of all of this and just want my phone back, even if it isn't unlocked or jailbroken. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Potato

Last edited: