What's new

Possible to unlock Iphone 3gs, 4.1, BaseBand(modem firmware) 05.16.05, Model MC136LL?

KristinSarah

Reaction score
Is it possible to unlock an Iphone 3gs, iOS 4.1, BaseBand(modem firmware) 05.16.05, Model MC136LL?

It says on various sites that I should change the base band to the ipad base band but on several sites is says not too because I have the model number MC136LL and that it could brick my phone or worse. Is there another way?

Thank you for any help! I hate to bother, but I've been at this for hours (successfully jailbroke!) and am stuck on this last part...

-Kristin

Hi there. You have to lookup "how to decode iphone 3gs serial number" on google, and find a site that explains how to read your serial number and get the info of what week and year the 3gs was made.

If it is produced BEFORE week 35 of 2011, then you can install ipad baseband and unlock. If it is AFTER week 35 then yes you will brick it.

If it is before 35, feel free to contact me and I will guide you through a detailed process.

Thank you for your quick answer.

It is week 50. Any suggestions?

It was actually originally unlocked when I bought it so there must be a way!

-Kristin

If it is produced BEFORE week 35 of 2011, then you can install ipad baseband and unlock. If it is AFTER week 35 then yes you will brick it.

This is not true, an iPhone3G or 3Gs can be updated to the iPad baseband no matter what firmware it's on and no matter when it was manufactured. Updating to the iPad baseband is the only solution for unlocking the 05.16.05 baseband.