What's new

Help with installing iphone baseband on iphone 3g please!

maxdenver

Reaction score
I have a iphone 3g with a broken sleep button. After countless hours, I found a way to jailbreak it. The problem is that this jailbreak doesn't include the baseband downgrade. Now that I have a jailbroken device, is there any way to get the ipad baseband by redsnow or something without losing all of my data and tweaks? I was thinking of using activator somehow to put it in dfu mode (reassigning sleep button) but I don't think that that would work.

Unfortunately no, the iPad baseband requires DFU mode so you will need to fix the sleep button if you want to install it. Activator only remaps the buttons via software, the actual hardware buttons need to be pressed in order to enter DFU mode.

I know how to get into PWNed dfu mode though. Is there any way to do it that way?

If you're talking about restoring a corrupt firmware to force the phone into DFU mode, that won't work, that method only works for restoring a prejailbroken firmware, it will not work with Redsn0w

Yah, that is what I am talking about. There aren't any pre-jailbroken with ipad baseband ispws online anywhere?

Yah, that is what I am talking about. There aren't any pre-jailbroken with ipad baseband ispws online anywhere?
There's no such thing as a "pre-jailbroken" IPSW. Jmills has, unfortunately in your case, outlined the only option you have... replacing the broken "Power/Lock" button on your 3G.

How does a prejailbroken ipsw not exist if I used one to jailbreak my iphone originally using snowbreeze?

Snowbreeze uses stock ipsw to create custom firmware and you need to be in dfu to restore to a custom firmware. As stated above, you will need to repair the buttons in order to use custom firmware or redsn0w.

maxdenver said:
How does a prejailbroken ipsw not exist if I used one to jailbreak my iphone originally using snowbreeze?

I would NEVER trust anything that comes "pre" anything. Especially Jailbroken!! You never know what you're going to get. Allow me to restate... TRUSTWORTHY pre-Jailbroken IPSWs don't exist. Do it right... do it safe. Download a stock IPSW and create the custom yourself.

I would NEVER trust anything that comes "pre" anything. Especially Jailbroken!! You never know what you're going to get. Allow me to restate... TRUSTWORTHY pre-Jailbroken IPSWs don't exist. Do it right... do it safe. Download a stock IPSW and create the custom yourself.
Sound advice. You never know what you're going to get when downloading custom ("pre-jailbroken") firmware.

That is what I am doing lol, except that the DFU they put you isn't compatible with redsnow. Redsnow needs you to turn it off then dfu; this is like dfu while device was on.

Can you snowbreeze make an ipad baseband firmware?

snowbreeze can install iPad baseband. Choose unlocks and click the arrow. then select install ipad baseband

Oddly enough, I tried making one with snowbreeze, but my iphone would always freeze up with that one. (iTunes would get stuck and I would have to restore.)

How are you putting your phone into DFU and are you selecting your custom firmware by holding shift and clicking restore?