What's new

Possible iPhone 5 ban in the US???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if I should use my upgrade for an iPhone 4s right now instead of risking it and waiting to see what happens?

Risking what? If banning happens, get 4s then. Upgrading now is more of a risk because if no ban happens, you are out an upgrade and stuck with a 4s

Risking what? If banning happens, get 4s then. Upgrading now is more of a risk because if no ban happens, you are out an upgrade and stuck with a 4s

Because the 4s is part of the ban to if it happens.

Virgil said:
Because the 4s is part of the ban to if it happens.

There is no way the iPhones are going to be banned in the US. Can you imagine the public outcry if that happened? The iPhone is Apple's only "phone" and to ban it that would be a huge financial hardship on Apple. Yes, Samsung may suffer banning of SOME of their phones but the court system will never leave a company without income. Apple is the only seller of iPhones, android phones are sold by multiple companies so banning one company won't matter.

Last edited:
There is no way the iPhones are going to be banned in the US. Can you imagine the public outcry if that happened? The iPhone is Apple's only "phone" and to ban it that would be a huge financial hardship on Apple. Yes, Samsung may suffer banning of SOME of their phones but the court system will never leave a company without income. Apple is the only seller of iPhones, android phones are sold by multiple companies so banning one company won't matter.

If they aren't banned then I'm sure the courts will order apple to make major changes and I don't want a changed phone with all 7 patents being removed from the 5. I'd hate to not have Siri for one. Here are the 7 patents that may have to be removed from apple products.

Here are the 7 patents Google/Motorola filed against Apple on Friday. A detailed look » Unwired View

This is about money. Apple will probably end up having to pay a license fee to Motorola for the patents that can't be shown to be ridiculous interpretations of some generic "idea" that has been stretched out of shape.

The consumer will pay and the lawyers will be happy. There won't be any patent reform, just more of the same to come.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

If they aren't banned then I'm sure the courts will order apple to make major changes and I don't want a changed phone with all 7 patents being removed from the 5. I'd hate to not have Siri for one. Here are the 7 patents that may have to be removed from apple products.

Here are the 7 patents Google/Motorola filed against Apple on Friday. A detailed look » Unwired View

I'm sure Apple will work around whatever they are forced to remove. They must provide value or the public won't continue buying their products. Apple bought a copany in order to provide Siri, they're not going to let that go completely down the drain.

I'm not worried at all.

Virgil, the legality issues between Samsung, Google, Apple and any other companies can go on for a very long time. This thread has run its course at this time and really has no ending at present.

Only time will tell and we can only anticipate and hope for the best.

Thank you for your understanding, this thread will now be closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.