What's new

Possible iPhone 5 ban in the US???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virgil

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of the lawsuit with Motorola and the possible US ban on the iPhone 5, iPad mini, and new iPod touch?

Has anyone heard of the lawsuit with Motorola and the possible US ban on the iPhone 5, iPad mini, and new iPod touch?
I seriously doubt that will ever happen. It sounds more like Googorola trying to scare people away from Apple products.

Yeah i cant see this happening because apple is SO much bigger in America than any where else. Apple would lose billions.

i doubt they would kill the goose that lays the golden eggs.

Never trust predictions of something that hasen't yet happened, nobody can see the future. News sources terrified lots of people about Y2K. How did that turn out?

I thought that it had already started. One news article I saw said that we could have a judgement as early as tomorrow and the new apple products could be banned from being released as early as tomorrow.

Samsung loses apple patent case in the US

"None of the patents Motorola is accusing apple of are standards essential, so they won’t have to be licensed to Apple under restrictive FRAND terms. And the whole batch, taken together, looks pretty impressive. Motorola also filed a parallel suit with the same patents in District Court of Delaware."

What does that mean exacltly?? Is this good for apple or bad?

Last edited:
"None of the patents Motorola is accusing apple of are standards essential, so they won’t have to be licensed to Apple under restrictive FRAND terms. And the whole batch, taken together, looks pretty impressive. Motorola also filed a parallel suit with the same patents in District Court of Delaware."

What does that mean exacltly?? Is this good for apple or bad?

Its bad, but i wouldn't worry. It's just a patent war. They (Apple, Google) want people with smartphones mainly because of data mining.

Google does this to counter multiple lawsuits Apple has against major Android pushers (yeah, Samsung). Nothing new in the business, we'll just have to wait and see the giants dish it out.

Still, rather see more money spent on actual innovation than on petty lawsuits.

Status
Not open for further replies.