What's new

POSIX Time Out when downloading packages from Cydia

Matth3w

Reaction score
It hangs and the top bar says POSIX: Time... but I can't read the rest. What is the problem?

Im guess it's because there's so many people trying to download from Cydia all at once so it's giving you a timeout! I'm getting the same problem bud, just have to keep trying it! Think of all the people that have been waiting for 4.2.1 jailbreak for windows!

I've gotten a couple of the things I wanted, eventually. But I can't find Lockinfo app.

Just installed Qtweeter, froze my phone up! Had to restore! :(

As the jailbreak has only been out for a few days you need to wait for the developers to update all the Cydia apps.

im assuming yall all did the greenpois0n over the redsn0w.....when i did this my phone was screwd.
tried a couple different ways to restore from back up and a could others,all with major problems in cydia mainly.

did a restore without restoring from a backup,set up as new phone,then synced.all i lost was my gamesaves.i sync on the regular fer shure.
NOW my phone works GREAT and cydia is fast with absolutly NO ERRORS.

if you have the 'sinful iphone repo' source, they have a bunch of lock info stuff as well as many many other cool packages