What's new

Pod2g now has all 5.1 exploits needed and is working on bypassing ASLR

Well sadly it seems a lot of people are having trouble - reported in both this and the Absinthe 2.0 Is Here thread. Lots of error messages. Hope they didn't mess this one up. They usually update the jailbreak tool real quickly when there's an issue. But pod2 and all the gang are at this conference.. Oy..

Yes I saw the flood of questions coming in and problems from people that are un able to properly jailbreak and no signs of cydia on there. It is not un common for there to be jailbreak problems and I have seen lots of new versions of the tool being released to fix any problems, I have to say though it all went smoothly for me with no problems, just press jailbreak and the rest is done for you! You dont even need to put your device into dfu mode like with some other tools. This is why its always advised to have a backup of your device and its mainly on the iphone 4S that this is happening.

these are some steps that should help any one with iphone 4S problems (be aware though I have not been able to test this method to see if it works as I use the iphone 4, so its at your own risk if you try it) but it seems to be getting good results in irc #ios

1. If you get the "Something wrong", "Recovery complete" Something like that when jailbreaking you iDevice via Absinthe, follow these steps.
  2. 1) Close Absinthe.
  3. 2) Open iTunes.
  4. 3) Connect your devices if it is not connected already.
  5. 4) Go to you device in iTunes and click "Restore"
  6. 5) Wait for the restore, when its do you will get a setup thing on your device.
  7. ****** DO NOT DO THE SETUP ********
  8. 6) Close iTunes and open Absinthe.
  9. 7) Jailbreak your iDevice.
  10. Have fun.

Yes I saw the flood of questions coming in and problems from people that are un able to properly jailbreak and no signs of cydia on there. It is not un common for there to be jailbreak problems and I have seen lots of new versions of the tool being released to fix any problems, I have to say though it all went smoothly for me with no problems, just press jailbreak and the rest is done for you! You dont even need to put your device into dfu mode like with some other tools. This is why its always advised to have a backup of your device and its mainly on the iphone 4S that this is happening.

these are some steps that should help any one with iphone 4S problems (be aware though I have not been able to test this method to see if it works as I use the iphone 4, so its at your own risk if you try it) but it seems to be getting good results in irc #ios

1. If you get the "Something wrong", "Recovery complete" Something like that when jailbreaking you iDevice via Absinthe, follow these steps.
  2. 1) Close Absinthe.
  3. 2) Open iTunes.
  4. 3) Connect your devices if it is not connected already.
  5. 4) Go to you device in iTunes and click "Restore"
  6. 5) Wait for the restore, when its do you will get a setup thing on your device.
  7. ****** DO NOT DO THE SETUP ********
  8. 6) Close iTunes and open Absinthe.
  9. 7) Jailbreak your iDevice.
  10. Have fun.
what setup are you talking about? after it restored and reinstalled apps, it was done?

what setup are you talking about? after it restored and reinstalled apps, it was done?

yes it was done and you should then see cydia on your springboard, that is really for people who are having problems installing cydia on their iphone 4S

I rely on ultrasn0w to unlock my iPhone. I was wondering if I make a custom IPSW preserving my baseband from redsn0w and update my iPhone with that and then run this latest jailbreak, will it work?

I rely on ultrasn0w to unlock my iPhone. I was wondering if I make a custom IPSW preserving my baseband from redsn0w and update my iPhone with that and then run this latest jailbreak, will it work?

redsn0w has not been updated to work with 5.1.1 yet so no that wont work, but if you rely on unlock then wait for either redsn0w, pwnage tool or sn0wbreeze to be updated so you can upgrade and preserve the baseband and as always there are no ETA's for if and when that will happen.

yes i am having trouble installing cydia.
i keep getting the something seems to have gone wrong. recovery complete messege

edit: oops, i think i restored my backup and didnt restore to factory. i read someone restored via itunes then jailbroke and it worked. will report when done

Last edited:
i think thats what it takes.

NOTICE TO ALL:
RESTORE VIA ITUNES

I have 4s 5.1.1 and have cydia but it won't let me dl anything

my phone

This what it says

my phone

Attachments

• $image-485053998.jpg
    $image-485053998.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 349
This what it says

my phone
That error is because you haven't successfully downloaded all the packages for the BigBoss repo. Cydia does this automatically but the the first day of a new release Cydia's servers get killed. It will take 24-36 hours for you to get everything. The first day of a jailbreak release is always very disappointing to those of us veterans. Keep clicking on CHANGES and then REFRESH.. It'll keep hanging there and give you occasional error messages until the servers get unclogged. So you'll have to do something else most of today. I know that's disappointing - but it's part of the "Day 1 - hurry up and wait" syndrome. We get our phones jailbroken then have to wait another day to enjoy it.. :-(

pianoman said:
That error is because you haven't successfully downloaded all the packages for the BigBoss repo. Cydia does this automatically but the the first day of a new release Cydia's servers get killed. It will take 24-36 hours for you to get everything. The first day of a jailbreak release is always very disappointing to those of us veterans. Keep clicking on CHANGES and then REFRESH.. It'll keep hanging there and give you occasional error messages until the servers get unclogged. So you'll have to do something else most of today. I know that's disappointing - but it's part of the "Day 1 - hurry up and wait" syndrome. We get our phones jailbroken then have to wait another day to enjoy it.. :-(

I got it now thanks man! Jb is awesome this my first time so I have a lot of tinkering to do :D

my phone